This is one of the best vegan pizzas I've ever made. The appeal here is the simplicity – an easy crust, few ingredients, quick preparation. The crust is hearty and filling (and can be used on its own as a flatbread paired with your favourite dip or nut butter), plus I loved the pop of salty flavour from the artichokes and vegan cheese. Leftovers are great the next day, too. If you have any left, that is. Not a fan of these toppings? Use your favourites instead. And don't limit yourself to tomato sauce, either – you can spread a pesto, olive tapenade or even hummus over the crust for a different flavour profile.
Kale and Artichoke Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Kale and Artichoke Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups shredded kale, lightly steamed
- 2 large artichoke hearts (about half a can), rinsed, drained and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp vegan cheese (optional)
How to Prepare Kale and Artichoke Pizza [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the chickpea flour, water, olive oil and salt. Whisk well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Line a 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 25 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
- Spread the base with tomato sauce, then top with kale, artichokes and Daiya. Pop the pan back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Allow the pizza to cool for a few minutes, then cut into slices and serve.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.