Try this alkaline-forming vegan dish with a touch of lemon, on top of some swiss chard with pasta.
Lemon Swiss Chard Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Lemon Swiss Chard Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup gluten-free pasta
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 head rainbow Swiss chard, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
How to Prepare Lemon Swiss Chard Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cook pasta according to package. Remove from heat; drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook chard in oil over medium heat until wilted, approximately 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add cooked penne, olives, cilantro, scallions, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, chili powder, chia seeds, sea salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Serve warm.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.