Fritters make a great appetizer or side dish, but always contain eggs, dairy, and white flour. These fritters have been veganized and are even more delicious than their counterparts. They are served with a homemade sweet chili sauce, as most sweet chili sauces contain fish sauce, and other modified ingredients. As the weather gets nicer and you are able to buy local corn, by all means, replace the frozen corn with fresh! Just scrape the kernals off of 2-3 cobs.
Corn Fritters [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Corn Fritters [Vegan]
- 2 cups frozen peaches and cream corn, thawed and drained
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water (let sit 2 minutes until thickened)
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 tbsp cornmeal
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 1 1/2 tsp organic unrefined sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
- zest of one lime
- oil, for pan-frying (ie. coconut, or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 organic unrefined sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp cooking sherry
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 jalepeno peppers, seeds and all, minced
- 1 1/2 tbsp arrowroot powder mixed with 3 tbsp water
How to Prepare Corn Fritters [Vegan]
- In one bowl, mix corn, flax mixture, and almond milk.
- In another bowl, mix flour, cornmeal, scallions, sugar, baking powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and lime zest.
- Pour into the corn mixture and stir into a thick batter.
- Turn stove to medium-high heat and coat a cast iron pan with oil.
- When oil is hot, drop fritters by heaping tablespoons into pan and fry for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towel, and enjoy!
- Place all ingredients except arrowroot/water mixture into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and let reduce by half- about 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add the arrowroot mixture. Stir mixture for about 2 minutes until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with corn fritters.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.