I definitely have a chocolate addiction and I enjoy indulging it in healthy ways. You know I have a thing for using unexpected ingredients (See my chocolate pudding recipe) and this recipe is no different. I based this recipe on my popular dessert hummus recipe from my blog and was very pleased with the results. I can't wait to make another batch...I think next time I will add in some fresh mint to the food processor.
Chocolate Cookies [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Cookies [Vegan]
- 10 Medjool Dates, soaked
- Soaking water
- 15 oz. can chickpeas
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla
- 4 packets Stevia
How to Prepare Chocolate Cookies [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Pit the dates and put them into a bowl. Press the dates down into the bowl and cover them with filtered water until they are JUST covered (it is ok if a tiny bit of the dates peak out through the water). Soak the dates in the water for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the dates have soaked, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse 10-15 times. Scrape down the sides and process the mixture until there aren’t too many chunks. Stop and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Repeat this process until the batter is the consistency you like (I prefer a few small chunks).
- Use you medium scooper (mine is 2 Tbs) and scoop the batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, turning the cookie sheet half way through.
- Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and smoosh down the cookies with a fork to flatten them.
- Return the cookie sheet to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes.
- Cool (If you have the patience) and enjoy!
You can try substituting with another nut or seed butter, though I haven’t tried to, but my guess would be that sunflower seed butter would make the best sub.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.