Zucchini has an unobtrusive, delicate flavour that plays well with others. You can dress it up with all sorts of seasonings and the zucchini will blend right in - it's kinda like the tofu of the vegetable world. Don't let the mellowness fool you, though, because zucchini is a hardworking vegetable that is packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients and B vitamins, which help us fight stress and balance our blood sugar. Zucchini is the perfect addition to these chocolate chip muffins. They straddle the line between savory and sweet – you could certainly choose these for dessert, but they'd also work well slathered with nut butters or a vegan buttery spread.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips, chunks or cacao nibs
How to Prepare Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix the bananas, coconut milk, applesauce, vanilla and zucchini. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and make sure that everything is incorporated.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Evenly divide the batter into a 12-cup muffin tin (either grease it with coconut oil and dust it with flour, or use muffin liners). Bake for 25 minutes, or until the tops are firm and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely on a wire rack.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.