The dressing for this kale salad is creamy and delicious, with both salty and sweet flavors. The nutritional yeast also provides for a mild cheese flavor that is comforting and decadent.
Cheezy Kale Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Cheezy Kale Salad [Vegan]
- 2 bunches kale, washed and de-stemmed
- 3/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4-6 Medjool dates
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger root
- 1 tablespoon no-salt seasoning
- 1 cup coconut vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2-3 tablespoons of water, if necessary to blend
- 8-10 scallions, chopped into bite-sized pieces
How to Prepare Cheezy Kale Salad [Vegan]
- Put kale leaves in a large bowl. Make dressing by processing hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, onion, garlic, dates, ginger, no-salt seasoning, coconut vinegar and turmeric in a high-speed blender. Add water if necessary to blend. Taste for flavor and add additional dates if you prefer.
- Pour dressing over the kale leaves and use some clean, kitchen scissors to chop the leaves. Use a large serving spoon to stir the dressing into the leaves. Marinate for at least two hours.
- Before serving, stir in chopped scallions.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.