I am utterly addicted to coconut butter. The melt-in-your-mouth smoothness, the rich texture, and the naturally sweet taste combine to make the perfect straight-off-the-spoon experience. I used to buy jarred coconut butter at the store, but my wallet didn’t appreciate the habit—so I figured out how to make it at home from scratch. My world has never been the same! It didn’t take long for me to start creating new, adventuresome varieties of coconut butter in my own kitchen, and I truly hit the jackpot with this flavor combo. The wild blueberries turn the coconut butter into a fruity treat, and when topped off with a whisper of vanilla and a kiss of sea salt, you’ll think you’ve died and gone to coconut heaven.
Blueberry-Vanilla Coconut Butter [Vegan]
1 1/2 cups
Ingredients You Need for Blueberry-Vanilla Coconut Butter [Vegan]
- 3 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup fresh (or thawed frozen) wild blueberries (preferably organic)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 packet stevia or 1 tablespoon sweetener of choice (optional)
How to Prepare Blueberry-Vanilla Coconut Butter [Vegan]
- Place the unsweetened shredded coconut in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth and buttery. In a Vitamix or Blendtec, this will only take about a minute (use the tamper to move the mixture downward). In a food processor, this will take 5 to 10 minutes; be patient!
- When the coconut has turned smooth and buttery, add the blueberries, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt and blend until completely smooth.
- Taste for sweetness, and if desired, add the stevia or other sweetener and blend again until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass jar to store. The butter will keep at room temperature for up to two days; for longer storage, keep in the refrigerator and let soften at room temperature before enjoying.
Fat - 7.3g (Saturated - 6g) Carbs - 3.8g Fiber - 2g Protein 8gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.