While in Cleveland in recently, I was pleasantly surprised to find my meat-centric home town offering us plant-based eaters lots of mouthwatering options from fresh juices to nut-based cheeses to hot-out-of-the-oven cupcakes, cookies, and breads from Maggie's Bakery Vegan Bakery in Ohio City. Right next door to Maggie's was the vegan-friendly Orale! which serves up a delicious trio of house-made salsas along with their chips. I've recreated one of Orale's salsas, the black bean and corn - and like all salsas should be, this is quick and easy to make and doesn't have too many ingredients - allowing the flavors of each one to shine through in every bite.
Black Bean and Corn Salsa [Vegan]
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn (if using frozen, thaw first)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp. green chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp. vegan chipotle sauce
- juice and zest of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 cup red and yellow cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Let sit for 30 minutes or so to allow the flavors to blend.
- Serve with your favorite chips.
- Beans - All
- Beans - Black
is there a recipe for the black bean and corn salsa? thanks.
Is there a recipe for this?