My all-time favorite breakfast used to be Eggs Benedict. Unfortunately, a vegan Eggs Benedict is almost impossible to come by. This is precisely why I decided to come up with my own recipe! This is sort of like an Eggs Benedict meets Eggs Florentine...sort of. But it's yummy regardless of what you call it. To keep it light and healthy, I replaced the bread with a tomato slice, but that's up to you!
Tofu Benedict Meets Tofu Florentine [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tofu Benedict Meets Tofu Florentine [Vegan]
- extra firm tofu
- 2 tbl maple syrup
- 1 tbl soy sauce
- few squirts liquid smoke
- 1/4 c water
- 3 tbl vegan butter
- 2 tbl flour
- unsweetened almond milk
- pinch of: salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika, chili powder
- nutritional yeast
How to Prepare Tofu Benedict Meets Tofu Florentine [Vegan]
- Start by pan-searing your tofu. I only used about 3/4 of the package. Cut the tofu into thin slices and then place them in an oiled pan over medium-high heat to brown both sides.
- Combine maple syrup, liquid smoke, water, and soy sauce. Spoon this over the seared tofu and let the sauce thicken and thoroughly coat the tofu. Once that's done, set it aside.
- Then throw some washed and torn kale into the pan. Season with some salt & pepper. Once the kale is steamed and softened, it's done.
- To make your hollandaise sauce, melt some butter in a sauce pot over low-medium heat. Then whisk in your flour. Gradually whisk in your milk until it thickens up to the desired saucy consistency.
- Add as much nutritional yeast as you want to the sauce (I usually do about 2 tabelspoons). Add a pinch of salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika, and chili powder.
- Now that all the components are done, it's time to assemble! Take a slice of tomato, then top with the kale, then tofu, then drizzle the sauce over top.
- Now dig in!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.