Have some variety in your oatmeal breakfast: go Ayurvedic for a change!
Ingredients You Need for Ayurvedic Oatmeal
- 200 ml water
- 200 g (1 cup) pumpkin flesh, cut in small cubes
- 1-2 tbsp raisins
- 80 g oatmeal flakes
- 300 ml soy or any other vegan milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon and/or 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cm of turmeric (curcuma) root, peeled and rasped, or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin seeds or to taste
How to Prepare Ayurvedic Oatmeal
- Cover the pumpkin cubes and raisins with water and bring to boil. Cook on low heat for ten minutes.
- Add soy (or any other vegan) milk and bring to boil again.
- Add oatmeal flakes, cinnamon sticks, cardamon powder, and turmeric. Cook for another ten minutes.
- Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.