Have some variety in your oatmeal breakfast: go Ayurvedic for a change!
- 200 ml water
- 200 g (1 cup) pumpkin flesh, cut in small cubes
- 1-2 tbsp raisins
- 80 g oatmeal flakes
- 300 ml soy or any other vegan milk
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamon and/or 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 2 cm of turmeric (curcuma) root, peeled and rasped, or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1-2 tbsp pumpkin seeds or to taste
- Cover the pumpkin cubes and raisins with water and bring to boil. Cook on low heat for ten minutes.
- Add soy (or any other vegan) milk and bring to boil again.
- Add oatmeal flakes, cinnamon sticks, cardamon powder, and turmeric. Cook for another ten minutes.
- Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and serve.