Apple slices with nut butter are a great healthy snack. Now, this delicious flavor combo can be enjoyed in these luscious pancakes. For gluten-free, use gluten-free flour. This recipe makes eight pancakes.
Apple-Almond Butter Pancakes
Ingredients You Need for Apple-Almond Butter Pancakes
- l/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon natural sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted almonds
How to Prepare Apple-Almond Butter Pancakes
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking pow- der, and salt.
- In a blender, combine the milk, apple juice, almond butter, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the flour mixture, stirring with a few swift strokes until just moist. Fold in the chopped apple and almonds.
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Lightly oil a griddle or non- stick skillet and heat until hot. Ladle about 1/4 cup of the batter onto the griddle or skillet. Cook on one side until small bubbles appear on the top of the pancakes, about 2 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook until the second side is lightly browned, about 1 minute longer. Repeat with the remaining batter. Keep the cooked pancakes warm in the oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.