In addition to being incredibly tasty, raw (no-bake) desserts can also be some of the healthiest and most planet-friendly options. Here are some reasons why we love raw desserts:
Raw desserts often feature a short list of whole, unprocessed ingredients like nuts, seeds, and dried fruit. They get their sweetness from dried fruit, raw agave nectar, and other natural sweeteners. No refined or artificial sweeteners here! They are no-bake! Great for the warmth of spring or summer, and also for energy Conservation, you can avoid cranking up the oven to 350 when making a raw dessert. Most raw desserts are gluten-free and vegan!
Are you ready to try a raw dessert yet? Here’s a collection of our favorite recipes from our Food Monster App.
1. Raw Carrot Cake Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Source: Raw Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Gena Hemshaw‘s Raw Carrot Cake Cupcakes are the perfect single-serving dessert in a cup. They are perfect for portion control as opposed to a whole carrot cake. Plus, these goodies are raw vegan! What’s not to love about them?
2. Raw Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes
Source: Raw Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes
Lori and Michelle Corso‘s Raw Mini Chocolate Cream Cakes are not only healthy and easy to make, but they are also raw and gluten-free too! Plus perfect individual serving! Plus this recipe can be easily changed to your taste preference. We used pecans in the crust, but any nut would work. For the filling, we used cashews as they provide the best cream. But macadamia nuts would be okay. We reduced the amount of sugar in these chocolate cream cakes, so adjust them to your liking.
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
3. Raw Double Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake
Raw chocolate, better known in the raw food world as “raw cacao”, is an amazing source of magnesium (great for helping you relax), as well as an astounding way to gobble up antioxidants. And, it contains phenylethylamine (PEA) — this is what our brains secrete when we fall in love. Ooooh! No wonder we love Kristen Suzanne‘s Raw Double Chocolate Cherry Cheesecakes so much!
4. Raw Carrot-Orange Cupcakes
Source: Raw Carrot-Orange Cupcakes
5. Raw Caramel Apple Pie
Source: Raw Caramel Apple Pie
6. Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake
Source: Raw Chocolate Fudge Cake
7. Raw Strawberry Chocolate Coconut Pie
Marquis Matson‘s Raw Strawberry Chocolate Coconut Pie combines the best parts of several desserts. It includes a light macadamia crust from one recipe, a chocolate ganache from another recipe, and a coconut cream from yet another, with fresh strawberries to make it even more delicious
8. Raw Walnut Coffee Cake with a Brownie Base
Source: Raw Walnut Coffee Cake
The beauty of vegan baking and raw cake-making is that you can reinvent classic dishes. That way, you get to enjoy two versions: the more traditional, familiar recipe, and the new, tantalizing recipe. The brownie base of Clémence Moulart‘s Raw Walnut Coffee Cake is a cheeky wink to all the chocolate lovers out there: it makes this cake even more indulgent!
9. Raw Carob Caramel Cups
Source: Raw Carob Caramel Cups
10. Raw Vanilla Cake With Chocolate “Buttercream” and Maca
Source: Raw Vanilla Cake
11. Raw Carrot Cake with Cashew Cream Cheese Frosting
We all love(d) the classic dessert version of carrot cake, but we’re not crazy about processed ingredients like white sugar, refined flour, pasteurized butter, and cream cheese. We decided to remake Emily von Euw‘s Raw Carrot Cake With Cashew Cream Frosting from healthy whole foods! Consider it DONE.
12. Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
Source: Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
If you like chocolate, you’ll love Emily von Euw‘s Raw Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes. It’s like a mega awesome super chocolate party in your mouth which results in an excellent, ethereal sense of well-being.
13. Raw Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake with Peanut Butter and Coconut
Source: Raw Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake
14. Raw Cacao Sea Salt Caramel Cups
Source: Raw Cacao Sea Salt Caramel Cups
The name speaks for itself. How could dark chocolate, sea salt, and caramel go wrong? If you are in opposition we highly suggest that you venture out and create Bridget Besoner‘s delightful Raw Cacao Sea Salt Caramel Cups.
15. Raw Orange and Blueberry Cheesecake
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.