Beyond Meat President Ethan Brown said in a statement, “During this unprecedented time, we remain steadfast in our resolve to continue to provide great-tasting plant-based meats to consumers, to solidify our support to our retail and foodservice customers, and to continue to lead the global plant-based meat movement.” The public company reported a share increase of 85% since March 18 as retailers continue to request the product.
Impossible Foods, maker of the Impossible Burger, will increase its footprint in retail stores by adding 777 new retail locations. That’s a 500% increase in stores selling the product. Impossible Foods President Dennis Woodside said in a statement, “We’ve always planned on a dramatic surge in retail for 2020 — but with more and more Americans’ eating at home under ‘shelter-in-place’ orders, we’ve received requests from retailers and consumers alike.”
Read more coverage of coronavirus and the meat industry in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- We Need to Adjust our Diets Post-Coronavirus
- Multiple Meat Production Plants Close as Pandemic Spreads
- Pork Producers Plan to Kill Baby Pigs Unless they Get $1 Billion Government Bailout
- Delaware Plant Forced to Kill 2 Million Chickens Due to Staff Shortages Caused by Coronavirus
- Hundreds of Meat and Poultry Workers Sick from COVID-19
- One of the Largest U.S. Pork Processing Plants Closes After Over 200 Workers Tested Positive for Coronavirus
Scientists believe that the spread of COVID-19, or coronavirus, started at an exotic animal market in Wuhan, China. You can help stop the incidence of viruses like these by signing this petition to ban the wildlife trade.
This is a good time to reconsider our intake of animal products to stay healthy. Eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
Interested in joining the dairy-free and meatless train? We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Catch up on our latest coronavirus coverage in One Green Planet, check out these articles:
- How Coronavirus and the Wildlife Trade are Linked
- Coronavirus Update: States Start Relaxing Social Distancing Orders
- New Guidelines for Pet Owners from CDC
- United States Now Has Most Coronavirus Cases in the World
- Coronavirus Update: How Emerging Diseases are Linked to Factory Farms
- Experts Believe Coronavirus Vaccines Should be Tested on Humans Directly Versus Animals
- China Acts on Coronavirus and Temporarily Bans Wildlife Trade
- Coronavirus Update: World Global Emissions Have Dropped
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!