Who doesn’t love a full, expansive buffet? After all, there are so many options and infinite possibilities.
Lucky for you (and us), today, January 2nd is National Buffet Day! The day of the year when we pay homage to the all-you-can-eat food experience that we all know and love. Typically the buffets you find in restaurants have few plant-based options; however, you can avoid the strenuous search by making your buffet-worthy eats from home. These five recipes from the Food Monster App are inspired by all-time buffet classics and are perfect for when you are entertaining large crowds.
These easy Mediterranean Pinwheels by Florian Nouh are big on delicious Mediterranean flavor. Tangy olives, meaty marinated artichoke hearts, crisp lettuce, and juicy cherry tomatoes are rolled up with a creamy tahini sauce.
This Ooey-Gooey Baked Ziti by Rhea Parsons is ooey-gooey, creamy, cheesy pasta topped with a simple sauce that’s bursting with flavor and more melted cheesy goodness on top, along with some crunchy bread crumbs.
This Caramel Apple Crisp by Kat Condon is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and vegan! Made with a simple homemade caramel sauce and topped with dairy-free ice cream, this crisp is the perfect fall and winter dessert.
This Cauliflower Rice Biryani by Sara Oliveira may be grain-free, but it’s just as filling as the original! Riced cauliflower is cooked with warm spices, carrots, and peas until tender, fragrant, and flavorful. This can be served as a main course or as a side with plenty of other veggies for sharing.
This Sweet and Sour ‘Chicken’ by Rhea Parsons is incredible – the mix of sweet and spicy – that always makes me happy! It goes perfectly over some brown rice and satisfies that take-out craving without ever having to leave your house.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.