Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Philadelphia Cream Cheese has announced the launch of a non-dairy version of its signature cream cheese spread. The spread is made with coconut oil, faba bean protein, and other ingredients to mimic the infamous spread. The spread contains no added flavors or dyes and is free from dairy, lactose, and gluten.
According to the company, it took over two years to get the recipe right. They wanted to make sure that it could melt and spread easily on warm toasted bread and other common pairings.
The plant-based cream cheese is now available at grocery stores in Atlanta, Houston, Miami, and other locations in the Southeast, with the company planning to roll out additional flavors across the country in the summer of 2023.
The plant-based food market is booming, and research suggests it could make up 7.7 percent of the global protein market by 2030. With a value of $29.4 billion in 2020, experts suggest that the plant-based foods market could have a value of over $162 billion by the end of the decade.
Check out these cream cheese recipes you can make at home!
- Berry Cream Cheese Danish [Vegan]
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting [Vegan]
- 15 Creamy and Delicious Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Recipes!
- Homemade Bagel and Cream Cheese Recipes to Make for Breakfast!
- Starbucks Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins [Vegan]
- Kate Hudson Partners with Bluestone Lane to Launch Plant-Based Smoothies
- ITC to Launch Plant-Based Products
- Pizza Hut Partners With Beyond Meat to Launch Plant-Based Pepperoni Topping
- Lightlife Foods to Launch Plant-Based Burger to Rival Impossible Foods and Beyond Meat
- Oatly Launches Support Hotline to Help Plant-Based Eaters Get Through Thanksgiving
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!