Long-time vegan Pamela Anderson will host her own plant-based cooking show on Food Network Canada titled Pamela’s Cooking With Love.
Pamela’s Cooking With Love will feature the Canadian American actor whipping up meals with chefs for her family and friends at her home in Ladysmith on Vancouver Island, where she grew up. This news comes after Anderson released her memoir, Love, Pamela, and she is soon to star in a Netflix documentary about her life.
Anderson has been a vegetarian since she was a child and has now been vegan for over three decades. She is known for her fight for animal rights and works with PETA, has protested foie gras in France, and has fought against the whale meat industry. Recently, Anderson sent a letter to Boris Johnson, urging him to replace the Queen’s Guards’ bearskin caps with a vegan alternative.
“It’s outrageous that the caps worn by the Queen’s Guard – a British icon – are still made from the fur of bears who are killed in my native Canada. This is especially senseless given that PETA and top luxury faux furrier ECOPEL have created the world’s first faux bear fur that looks and feels exactly like the real deal – but doesn’t harm a hair on a bear’s head,” she said.
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental well-being, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, blood pressure, cholesterol, blood sugar, and more! Plant-based diets have also been found to lower rates and risks for various diseases! Conversely, dairy and meat consumption has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, breast cancer, prostate cancer, and more.
You’ve probably heard a saying along the lines of “You can’t pour from an empty cup” or “To best serve others, pour from a full cup.” The gist of these expressions is that when you take care of yourself, you’re better able to take care of others. Thus, the positive effects of a plant-based diet reach even further than the reduction in Pollution and emissions. A plant-based diet will make you feel great, which will enable you to care for the planet and those living on it even more. This is where the Food Monster App can help you with over 20,000 plant-based recipes!
- Pamela Anderson Sends Letter Asking that Queen’s Guards Bearskin Caps be Replaced with Faux Fur Alternative
- Pamela Anderson Urges E.U. Officials to Honor Animal Testing Ban
- Activist Karen Dawn Rescues Turkeys To Be The Guests of Honor For Her Thanksgiving Celebration
- Pam Anderson Launches Foundation for Animals!
- King’s Guards Continue to Wear Bearskin Hats with No Plan to Replace Them
- Tabitha Brown to Host Food Network’s First Vegan Cooking Show: It’s CompliPlated
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.