These budget-friendly vegan recipes mean you don’t have to break the bank to have flavorful, healthy, seasonal meals that are 100% plant-based.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Budget-Friendly Archives!
1. Pineapple Fried Rice
Source: Pineapple Fried Rice
2. Egg Roll In A Bowl
Source: Egg Roll In A Bowl
Vegan egg roll in a bowl is all the flavor of your favorite Chinese restaurant appetizer turned inside out and cooked in one skillet. This Egg Roll In A Bowl by Shane Martin is an easy, healthy, and delicious dish ready in less than 30 minutes. It’s oil-free, low-carb, and can easily be made gluten-free.
3. Potato Kale Enchiladas
Source: Potato Kale Enchiladas
This wonderful Potato Kale Enchiladas by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez is the best of both worlds: classic, hearty enchiladas with a roasted chile pepper sauce and an irresistible filling of tender baked potatoes and sautéed kale dressed with lime. Although this dish has a few extra steps, it is a great example of how flavorful and satisfying vegan cooking can be.
4. Oatmeal Cookie Granola
Source: Oatmeal Cookie Granola
To say I’m obsessed with this granola would be a massive understatement. Before I left for college, I actually sent my mom the recipe and begged her to send me a batch while I lived in the dorms! It took quite a bit of trial and error, but it turns out that crispy rice cereal is the secret to irresistibly light and crunchy clusters. Simmering the sugars also creates these massive clumps that are perfect for late-night snacking. On that note—I leave you with a word of caution: This Oatmeal Cookie Granola by Elaine Skiadas stuff is highly addictive.
Credit: Reprinted with permission from Fantastic Vegan Recipes for the Teen Cook by Elaine Skiadas. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Elaine Skiadas.
5. Green Herb and Zucchini Strata
Source: Green Herb and Zucchini Strata
If you’re someone who has trouble getting out of bed in the morning, this hearty breakfast casserole will do the trick! Although strata is typically made with eggs, cheese and bread, this Green Herb and Zucchini Strata by Elaine Skiadas is a lightened-up version features a rich chickpea flour custard, grated zucchini and lots of fresh herbs. The craggy top turns golden brown and crunchy in the oven while the interior stays soft—almost like stuffing! Credit: Reprinted with permission from Fantastic Vegan Recipes for the Teen Cook by Elaine Skiadas. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Elaine Skiadas.
6. Moroccan Carrot Salad
Source: Moroccan Carrot Salad
If I could have only one salad for the rest of my life, this Moroccan Carrot Salad by Jackie Akerberg would be it. Eating the same salad for the rest of my days may sound repetitive, but it’s so good that I just wouldn’t carrot all! The carrot “noodles” are such a fun change from traditional salad greens. The carrots and other ingredients come together with the citrusy dressing to create the perfect balance of sweet, spicy, tangy and refreshing. The chickpeas and cashews provide an abundance of protein, which means this salad can be a hearty main or a delicious side to any dish.
7. Peanut Butter Waffle Sandwich
Source: Peanut Butter Waffle Sandwich
8. Crispy “Chicken” Tenders
Source: Crispy “Chicken” Tenders
Crispy vegan “chicken” tenders, baked or fried, tossed in Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and served with a trio of tasty dips. Need we say more? Didn’t think so. Try out this Crispy “Chicken” Tenders by Mitch and Justine Chapman!
9. Grilled Vegetable Wrap with Mashed Black Beans
10. Chimichurri Enchiladas
Source: Chimichurri Enchiladas
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.