Fast food giant McDonald’s recently announced the launch of plant-based McNuggets, with Germany being the first market to launch them.
Source: ABC 7 Chicago/Youtube
The McPlant Nuggers are made from peas, corn, and wheat with a tempura batter and mark the second product that McDonald’s has teamed up with Beyond Meat for. The McPlant burger was first launched in 2021, and now the company is looking to add another animal-free option to the menu.
The first nuggets will roll out to over 1,400 restaurants in Germany, followed by a test at nine restaurants in Stuttgart, Germany, in the Fall. The McPlant burger will start selling in Germany next week. McDonald’s says that the expansion of plant-based items to other markets will depend on customer demand.
The McPlant burger did exceedingly well in other parts of Europe and is now a permanent menu item in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Austria, and the Netherlands. Unfortunately, after McDonald’s test of the McPlant burger in the United States last summer, there has been no word on future plans for expansion.
Meatless meat has been rapidly expanding throughout the United States and across Europe. Companies like Dunkin Donuts and Burger King are offering meatless options to consumers. Beyond Meat and Impossible Burger are continuing to grow as they can be found in nearly every grocery store and many restaurants around the country.
Let’s not forget it’s a lot healthier to make burgers and nuggets at home, here are some amazing resources for you:
- 15 Homemade Plant-Based Burgers You Must Make!
- 15 High-Protein Black Bean Veggie Burgers
- 15 Crispy Vegan Nugget Recipes!
- 25 Plant-Based Sliders!
- 12 Delicious Recipes for Vegan Chicken Nuggets, Tenders, and Fingers!
- Nuggets, Sandwiches, and Entrées – 15 Vegan ‘Chicken’ Recipes That Will Make Your Day
- McDonald’s UK Announces New Vegan Double McPlant Burger
- McDonald’s Vegan Doppelganger, Mr. Charlie’s, Opens Location in San Francisco
- McDonald’s Signs Deal to Use Solar Power For Supply Chain
- Former McDonald’s Executive Backs Vegan Fast Food Rival After Being Fired
- Billionaire Investor Targets McDonald’s Over Pig Welfare
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.