There’s nothing more beautiful than discovering a new flavor combination that pairs congruously together — and then eating it as much as possible in new and different formats.
We couldn’t get enough of peanut butter and jelly when we were younger; we ate it slathered on toast, picked up every single PB&J cookie we could find, and baked them into various treats, like these No-Bake Peanut Butter Jelly Bars by one of One Green Planet’s bloggers, Kat Condon, and more.
Now that we’re older, our peanut butter obsession has evolved, and we’ve discovered a deep and infinite love for peanut butter and chocolate. For many Americans, Reese’s represents the ultimate flavor fusion of the two massively popular ingredients.
For those of you trying to eat more plant-based foods, hearing about new products sometimes feels discouraging; everyone likes to be included. Considering that most Americans want to buy products from socially conscious brands and that 36 percent of Americans prefer plant-based milk alternatives, it is clear that soon, plant-based alternatives will begin popping up more commonly in the marketplace.
Until then, you still don’t have to worry about missing out: we have searched through our Food Monster App and found some incredible peanut butter and chocolate recipes that will satisfy your Reese’s craving. The best part? You can share these with your friends, so everyone can participate.
1. Chocolate Not-Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
We’ll start with the classic. Maybe you don’t want any pizazz and are simply searching for the ultimate plant-based copycat Reese’s cup. Look no further than these Chocolate Not-Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups by Maria Loghin.
2. Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
Source: Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
3. Chocolate Doughnuts With Peanut Butter Glaze
We cannot stop staring at the majesty that is these Chocolate Doughnuts With Peanut Butter Glaze by Nicole Dunai. These doughnuts are super cakey and chocolatey, exactly like what you’d expect of a cake doughnut. Trust us: you won’t miss the Krispy Kreme iteration.
4. Gluten-Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Doughnuts With Salted Peanut Butter Glaze
When we say everyone should be able to enjoy food, we mean everyone! These Chocolate Peanut Butter Doughnuts With Salted Peanut Butter Glaze by Emma D’Alessandro are salty, sweet, chocolatey, and gluten-free.
5. Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana Blizzard
That’s right, Dairy Queen — we’re coming for you too! This Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Banana Blizzard by Shannon Hickman is healthy when compared to most store-bought ice creams (vegan or not). It uses frozen bananas as the base with organic dark chocolate, cacao, dates, and peanut butter added for extra flavor and creaminess.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Unfortunately, dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer, and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.