Levain Bakery, known for its iconic six-ounce chocolate chip walnut cookie, has finally launched its first-ever gluten-free and vegan cookie after 28 years of experimentation and meticulous recipe development. The plant-based and gluten-less chocolate chip walnut cookie is now available at all Levain Bakery retail locations and for nationwide shipping. The all-new cookie is made with semisweet vegan chocolate chips and cultured plant-based creamy “butter” made from cashews and has the same crispy-on-the-outside, ooey-gooey-on-the-inside texture as the original cookie.
Levain Bakery’s founders, Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald worked hard to create a gluten-free and vegan cookie recipe that lived up to their standards and was accessible to everyone. The bakery has become a renowned baked goods destination with eleven locations across the US, and the new cookie is sure to be a hit among its nearly 416K Instagram followers.
Suppose you have any birthdays or special occasions on the radar or want to treat yourself to some delicious plant-based cookies. In that case, Levain Bakery’s vegan and gluten-free options will be the perfect gift. And if you can’t wait for your shipment from Levain Bakery, we’ve got you covered with a quick and easy vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe to hold you over.
Let’s Support Levain Bakery’s commitment to inclusivity and sustainability by choosing their vegan and gluten-free options, and show that plant-based options can be just as delicious as their non-vegan counterparts.
Check out these vegan cookies you can make at home!
- Peanut Butter Cookie Baked Oatmeal [Vegan]
- Cookies and Cream Brownies [Vegan]
- Chickpea Peanut Butter Cookies [Vegan, Oil-Free, Gluten-Free, Refined Sugar-Free]
- Coconut Lemon-Drop Cookies [Vegan]
- Nutty Blossom Cookies [Vegan]
- 15 Vegan Breakfast Cookies to Jumpstart Your Morning!
- 15 Vegan Gingerbread Recipes For the Holidays that Aren’t Just Cookies!
- JUST Egg Teams Up with Cheryl’s Cookies to Bring Vegan Cookies in Time for the Holidays
- 10 of Our Top Vegan Dessert Recipes From February 2023!
- 12 Festive Almond Vegan Desserts for the Holidays!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.