A video went viral on Twitter of a freshly cut piece of meat spasming which left Twitter users horrified and reconsidering their diet choices.
Yea I’m going vegan
— Dream Domme ❤️🔥 (@dreammdomme) January 9, 2023
The video, posted by Weird and Terrifying shows a piece of meat spasming while someone is holding it. It’s not the first time a video had gone viral of a piece of meat spasming. A similar video went viral in 2020.
The spasm reportedly happens when salt is added to fresh meat. Adding salt to the meat draws water out from the surface and is used to preserve the meat.
In the viral Twitter video, the cameraman holds up the piece of meat in front of the camera. The surface of the meat looks like it is bubbling after it had recently been slathered in salt.
Daily Mail reported that experts say that this only happens with the ‘freshest meat’ and the pulsations are due to the animal’s nerve endings, which are still alive and react to the salt.
“Yea I’m going vegan,” one user commented.
“This really freaks me out,” another user said.
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects. Learn about some Common Health Concerns That May Disappear Once You Ditch Dairy and 10 Calcium Supplements For Healthy Living on a Dairy-Free and 10 Carrageenan-Free Non-Dairy Products!
- How to Get Enough Calcium on a Plant-Based Diet
- Are Plant-Based Meat Alternatives Healthy? Should We Be Eating Them?
- Is Lab-Grown Meat Healthy and Safe to Consume?
- 15 Healthy Meatless Salads Using 10 Ingredients or Less!
- Beyond Meat Donates One Million Plant-Based Burgers to Healthcare Workers
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.