Coffee chains around the world are slowly introducing plant-based options, but very few at that. Many will have a breakfast sandwich with plant-based meats but then with dairy cheese. It seems like vegans have a tricky time finding a quick breakfast to grab. However, Gregorys Coffee chain is passionate about healthy plant-based options and is even being called a “Plant-Based Mecca”
Source: Gregorys Coffee/YouTube
Gregorys Coffee was founded by Gregory Zamfotis in 2006, and they now have 38 locations across the tri-state area and Washington, D.C. The chain offers anything you could find at a normal hip coffee shop, but they have quite the menu for vegan customers as well. Gregory Zamfotis himself went vegan in 2017 and has gradually been changing his menu to offer more plant-based options.
“My son is allergic to dairy,” he told Brian Kateman with Forbes, “and then I started watching documentaries like Forks Over Knives.”
He told Kateman that in addition to health and nutrition, he discovered that animal welfare and environmental issues were a big concern to him as well as many of his customers. He knew that he wanted to serve food that suited their values as well.
“Gregorys is one of the first at this scale to have a plant-based bacon on the menu—I’m excited about this new offering,” Zamfotis said.
The plant-based food market is booming, and research suggests it could make up 7.7 percent of the global protein market by 2030. With a value of $29.4 billion in 2020, experts suggest that the plant-based foods market could have a value of over $162 billion by the end of the decade. Choosing to eat vegan and live a vegan lifestyle does not harm animals, is better for your health, and is better for the environment!
- Goth Vegan Coffee Shop Opens in Phoenix
- Coffee Mate Launches Plant-Based Creamers in French Vanilla and Caramel
- 4 Quick Tips For Eco-Friendly Shopping
- How To Make Dalgona Coffee At Home
- 15 Coffee-Flavored Vegan Recipes to Fulfill All of Your Caffeine Needs
- 8 Drinks, Besides Coffee, That’ll Wake You Up
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!