In honor of National Tortilla Chip Day, we’ve created a guide to making vegan, paleo, and even gluten-free tortillas! These easy vegan tortilla recipes from our Food Monster App are so delicious, simple, and much healthier than the sodium-rich store-bought options.
Source: Paleo Tortillas
Source: Beet Chickpea Flour Tortillas
Source: Sprouted Whole Wheat Tortillas
Just 4 ingredients and under 30 minutes and you’ll have Judy Moosmueller‘s Corn Tortillas (With Masa Harina)! This special type of flour is made from cooked corn kernels that are soaked in lime before they are ground into flour.
Source: Beet Tortilla
Prefer other chips or even crackers? Check out Snacks From Scratch: 15 Homemade Vegan Chips and Crackers Recipes from our Food Monster App, which is available for both Android and iPhone, and can also be found on Instagram and Facebook. The app has more than 15,000 plant-based, allergy-friendly recipes, and subscribers gain access to new recipes every day. Check it out!
- 15 Plant-Based Recipes Featuring Tortillas
- From Easy Sweet Sour Tofu to Chickpea Tortillas: Our Top Eight Vegan Recipes of the Day!
- Weekly Spotlight: The Simplicity of Tortillas!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.