Not only are mushrooms packed with nutrition, but they can be versatile ingredients in several delicious, healthy meals.
From tangy lime to spicy curry, mushrooms can be marinated with all kinds of delicious sauces to bring out their chewy, tender texture. Here are 15 of our best marinated mushroom recipes from the Food Monster App for you to try out for yourself!
1. Easy Marinated and Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
2. Lime-Marinated Mushrooms
Source: Lime-Marinated Mushrooms
These Lime-Marinated Mushrooms by Joyce Gan are a tangy lime-flavored take on traditional marinated mushrooms. This sweet and salty recipe uses Bella mushrooms for a milder flavor than shitake mushrooms.
3. Raw Marinated Mushroom Soup
4. Thyme Grilled Mushrooms
Source: Thyme Grilled Mushrooms
5. Garlicky Barbecue Mushroom Kebabs
6. Marinated Tomato Mushroom Bagels
Source: Marinated Tomato Mushroom Bagels
This recipe for Marinated Tomato Mushroom Bagels by The Rose and Bean makes for a breakfast that’ll give you the energy to take on the day. The flavors of the marinated mushrooms and tomatoes combine a sweet and smoky taste with the satisfaction of a bagel. This recipe can even be made gluten-free!
7. The Best Crispy Mushrooms
Source: The Best Crispy Mushrooms
8. Tangy Mushroom Skewers
Source: Tangy Mushroom Skewers
9. Champiñones al Ajillo: Spanish Garlic Mushroom Tapas
Raymund Macaalay’s recipe for Champiñones al Ajillo: Spanish Garlic Mushroom Tapas is a simple idea for tasty mushrooms. The white button mushrooms in this dish are combined with garlic and vegan butter, making them a savory side dish great for completing a meal or just pairing with a beer.
10. Beer Butter Mushrooms
Source: Beer Butter Mushrooms
11. Raw Curry with Marinated Mushrooms and Onions
This Raw Curry with Marinated Mushrooms & Onions by Emily von Euw is simple but has a bold flavor. Onions, curry powder, and cashew milk make up the curry, and marinated mushrooms add some extra flavor and nutrition to this delicious raw dinner.
12. Creamy and Raw Butternut Squash Soup with Marinated Mushrooms
Another Emily von Euw recipe, this Creamy and Raw Butternut Squash Soup with Marinated Mushrooms is another savory raw dish that’s simple to make. The soup combines butternut squash with miso and garlic for a creamy texture to complement the marinated mushrooms.
13. Tempeh Bacon Salad with Marinated Mushrooms
This Tempeh Bacon Salad with Marinated Mushrooms by Christine DesRoches is for those who love a salad packed with nutritious ingredients. With tempeh bacon, marinated mushrooms, and creamy cashew and sun-dried tomato dressing, there’s a little of everything in this recipe!
14. Balsamic Roasted Garlic Mushrooms
15. Red Curry Mushroom Toast
Source: Red Curry Mushroom Toast
This Red Curry Mushroom Toast by Heejee Lee might replace your favorite avocado toast recipe. This spicy, creamy red curry sauce complements the mixed mushrooms in this dairy and nut-free dish perfectly.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.