Is there anything that berries don’t taste great in? And is it possible to resist cake on its own? Well, imagine how wonderful it is when they’re combined. Berry cakes are delicious, and can even be made much healthier than your typical cakes meaning you could have cake for breakfast if you wanted to. Check out these 15 delicious vegan berry cake recipes from the Food Monster App!
1. Lemon Blueberry Muffin Cake
Source: Lemon Blueberry Muffin Cake
This Lemon Blueberry Muffin Cake by Taavi Moore is a perfect breakfast treat or dessert, as it’s sweet, but not a mouthful of sugar. The tanginess of the lemon pairs perfectly with the less sugary treat.
2. Chocolate, Fig, and Raspberry Cake
This easy and delicious Chocolate, Fig, and Raspberry Cake by Pamela Higgins combines figs and raspberries for extra sweetness and a fruit touch. A vegan-friendly bake using flaxseed in place of eggs, the texture is still very spongey, soft, and gooey so is almost like an even better brownie!
Get the Blissful Cookbook!
3. Strawberry Lime Cake
Source: Strawberry Lime Cake
This Strawberry Lime Cake by Jessica Bose is like the Minute Maid strawberry limeade that so many of us drank during our childhood. The key difference (other than being a cake) is that this recipe leaves out refined sugar. Sweet strawberries and freshly squeezed and zested lime are folded into a delicious cake batter. Once cooled, it’s complemented by a simple vanilla lime icing and topped with fresh berries.
4. Lemon and Blueberry Sponge With a Pecan and Pumpkin Seed Crunch Top
This Lemon and Blueberry Sponge Cake by Emma Blake is very easy to make, it lasts for 3-4 days in an airtight container but also keeps well in the fridge. On hot days it is ideal to store it in the fridge to ensure the topping doesn’t melt.
5. Meyer Lemon and Blackberry Butter Pound Cake with Lavender Glaze
You can never go wrong with pound cake, and this Meyer Lemon and Blackberry Butter Pound Cake by Alex Wolfe in particular is right in every way! Complimented by fresh blackberries and zesty lemons, this dessert captures all the flavors we can ask for.
6. Blueberry Muffin Mug Cake
Source: Blueberry Muffin Mug Cake
Got 5 minutes? Then you’ve got time for breakfast with this simple Blueberry Muffin Mug Cake by Kat Condon! Full of complex carbohydrates and protein to keep you full all morning long, this mug cake is gluten-free and vegan!
7. Healthy Chocolate Cranberry Cake
Source: Healthy Chocolate Cranberry Cake
This Healthy Chocolate Cranberry Cake by Sarah and Peter Hagstrom has an amazing cranberry dressing and is even better drizzled with crushed pistachios. Just resist the urge to have a slice for breakfast, or finish the entire thing in one sitting. It’s dangerously delicious!
8. Chocolate Brownie Blueberry Cake
Source: Chocolate Brownie Blueberry Cake
This dense Chocolate Brownie Blueberry Cake by Maja Brekalo has tender blueberries scattered throughout that make it an unforgettable dessert. This is a chocolate lovers dream cake and it’s the perfect sweet treat to finish a meal with.
9. Mood-Boosting Berry Vanilla Crumble Cake
This Mood-Boosting Berry Vanilla Crumble Cake by Pamela Higgins tastes so good it will make you feel better – that and it has healthy seasonal berries and bananas to help you get through the day. The dense, rich cake is studded with fresh berries, topped with a mouthwatering crumble, and then finished with homemade berry syrup. Good cake makes everyone feel better and this is a darn good cake.
10. Chocolate 3-Layer Cake With Raspberry Fudge Icing
This Chocolate 3-Layer Cake With Raspberry Fudge Icing by Natalie Martin and Lexie Staten is chocolate on chocolate on chocolate and in case that’s not enough, it’s covered in chocolate fudge icing because… why not? A whole food, plant-based chocolate 3-layer cake free of refined sugar, dairy, and oil covered in a 4-ingredient raspberry fudge icing.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.