“We’re excited to finally share SweetPea with ice cream lovers everywhere,” said SweetPea co-founder Heather Romens in an emailed statement. “It was important for us to provide a non-dairy frozen dessert that is both delicious and can be enjoyed by everyone. We’re incredibly proud of the pints we’ve created.”
View this post on Instagram
The ice cream is powered by chickpeas, (one of Whole Foods’s Top 10 Food Trends for 2021) and is half the calories and half the fat of regular ice cream!
SweetPea is available to order online with in-store availability expected soon! There are nine flavors available now: That’s a Mean Vanilla Bean, Peanut Butter Bomb; Must Do Cold Brew; Mango Tango (feat. Peach); One ’n Only Cookies ‘n Cream; Salted Caramel’s Sweet Talkin’ Pralines; T.G.I.PieDay: Raspberry; 3 Parts Chocolate; and Hello, Cookie Dough.
Here are some delicious vegan ice cream recipes to make at home:
- Caramel Apple Nice Cream Sundae
- Chocolate and Strawberry Vegan Magnum Ice Creams
- Peanut Butter Pretzel Ice Cream
- Blackberry Lavender Ice Cream
- Cardamom Pistachio Ice Cream
- Rocky Road Ice Cream
- Crunchy Almond Butter Soft Serve Ice Cream
- Mocha Nice Cream
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Cashew Coconut Vanilla Ice Cream
- Raw Fudgy Chocolate Ice Cream
Here are some that are made with unique bases like chickpeas!
- Chickpea-nut Butter Ice Cream Cake
- Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Pistachio Avocado Ice Cream
- The Creamiest Purple Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- Pink Pitaya-Cauliflower Nice Cream
- Chocolate Avocado Ice Cream
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!