Tacos are super delicious and versatile! You can pretty much fill them with anything you have in the kitchen – beans, veggies, mushrooms, tempeh, and so on. Don’t want to go the classic salsa + guac route? Try some fusion with a teriyaki sauce! The options are endless. These vegan tacos feature cauliflower, which is both delicious and nutritious. Give them a try!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Teriyaki Cauliflower Tacos With Pineapple Salsa
Source: Teriyaki Cauliflower Tacos With Pineapple Salsa
These Teriyaki Cauliflower Tacos With Pineapple Salsa by Kat Condon would be nothing without that pineapple salsa. Just a simple combination of fresh pineapple, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, sea salt, and if you prefer your salsa with some kick to it, go ahead and chop a few jalapeños up and toss them in. Go ahead and play with the recipe, add spice, subtract spice, do whatever! Isn’t that the best part about cooking at home anyway?
2. Spicy Cauliflower Lentil Tacos
Source: Spicy Cauliflower Lentil Tacos
If you love spicy food, you need to make these Spicy Cauliflower Lentil Tacos by Parsley Vegan. The filling is made from protein-rich lentils that are blended with cauliflower and warm spices to make a savory filling that brings the heat. Top that with homemade coleslaw, which provides a cooling “crunch,” then sprinkle with pickled jalapeños and a drizzle of dairy-free cilantro crema.
3. Cajun-spiced Cauliflower Tacos
Source: Cajun-spiced Cauliflower Tacos
These Cajun-spiced Cauliflower Tacos by Taavi Moore are filled with smoky and crispy Cajun-spiced baked cauliflower and topped with a citrusy corn salad. Charred and crispy cauliflower, light and citrusy corn salad, fresh cilantro, and lime, aka a dream combo. These tacos are full of flavor and scream sunny weather and outdoor BBQs.
4. Green Chili Cauliflower Summer Tacos With Avocado Slaw
Source: Green Chili Cauliflower Summer Tacos With Avocado Slaw
Roasted cauliflower is smothered in a creamy green chili cashew sauce and paired with a crisp avocado-lime cabbage slaw. The creamy, zesty green chili cauliflower paired with that tangy, crunchy avocado slaw is simply magical. Don’t forget to top it with plenty of fresh cilantro! You have to try these Green Chili Cauliflower Summer Tacos With Avocado Slaw by Liz Martone!
5. Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Source: Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Whether it’s beans, mushrooms, peppers, or corn, there are quite a few filling options for those looking to keep meat and dairy out of taco night. While these are great options, sometimes it’s nice to the routine up with something unique! These Roasted Cauliflower Tacos by Shannon Leparski do just that! Crispy cauliflower florets, white beans, lime, and zesty avocado spread? Yum!
6. Cauliflower Shawarma Tacos
Source: Cauliflower Shawarma Tacos
These super Cauliflower Shawarma Tacos by Adam Merrin and Ryan Alvarez will move you to your core and will transform every day to taco Tuesday. They are the perfect treat for every meal and every season. Almost everything can be made ahead of time, so when you’re ready to eat, all you have to do is roast the cauliflower! Plus, they would be great for parties too, since you can make the components separately, and let everyone build their custom tacos just the way they like! Make sure to give them a try!
7. Crispy Thai Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
Source: Crispy Thai Roasted Cauliflower Tacos
These Crispy Thai Roasted Cauliflower Tacos by Angela Simpson are an explosion of flavors and textures that will leave you wanting more. The crispy Thai cauliflower is mellowed by a tasty slaw and the whole taco is tied together with a delightful avocado-lime sauce. These tacos are sure to be crowd-pleasers.
8. Jerk Cauliflower Tacos
Source: Jerk Cauliflower Tacos
You could buy pre-made jerk seasoning at the store. BUT – making your seasoning for this is something else: Slow building heat, layers on layers on layers of flavor, and the slightest hint of sweetness from a dash of sugar (which also helps the cauliflower crisp up!). Make a big batch of this jerk cauliflower and the possibilities are endless. Pack it into rice bowls. Toss it into a salad with your favorite veggies. Wrap it in a tortilla with all of the fixings for a lunch burrito or an awesome taco. You have to try these Jerk Cauliflower Tacos by Jordan and Clark Cord!
9. Crispy Coconut Cauliflower Tacos with Sweet Mustard Sauce
Source: Crispy Coconut Cauliflower Tacos with Sweet Mustard Sauce
These healthy, gluten-free Crispy Coconut Cauliflower Tacos with Sweet Mustard Sauce by Nancy Montuori explode with crunchy texture and flavor. Not only are these tacos healthy, but they are also delicious! You get a deep-fried texture without the oil and fat. The sweet mustard sauce can be smeared onto your tortilla, and then you can stuff them with any of your favorite taco ingredients, like crispy red cabbage for crunch, jalapeños, and salsa.
10. Raw Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
Source: Raw Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos
Crisp, spicy, sweet … Mmm! These Raw Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Tacos by Natalie Yonan are a burst of flavor and texture. The Buffalo sauce is made from dates, sun-dried tomatoes, spices, and tahini for creaminess. Perfect for lunch or a light dinner, you’ll be amazed at how flavorful raw cauliflower can be.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!