The Dirty Vegan Nuggets come in a portion of nine nuggets and are smothered in smoky BBQ sauce, topped with crispy onions, and are 100 percent vegan. To get the limited edition vegan nuggets, customers must order through the Burger King app.
Burger King previously became the first fast food chain to offer vegan nuggets back in January, and now they’re back with a collaboration with The Vegetarian Butcher. The nuggets are certified 100 percent vegan by The Vegan Society and contain only soy and plant proteins.
To order the nuggets, customers in the UK must download the Burger King app to access a special code. The nuggets can be ordered to eat in Burger King restaurants or via click-and-collect for £3. The code is not valid at Burger King motorway service locations, airports, train stations, and holiday parks. Customers can also order the nuggets for delivery through Deliveroo.
Burger King has recently been more dedicated to finding tasty vegan alternatives to its menu items as the demand for plant-based foods has surged. The company wants to cut back its meat options by 50 percent to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 41 percent by 2030.
Burger King jumped into the plant-based market in 2019 when they debuted the Impossible Whopper, a plant-based version of their famous Whopper burger. Since then, they have opened a fully vegetarian location and a fully plant-based location and even started selling vegan nuggets.
The plant-based food market is booming, and research suggests it could make up 7.7 percent of the global protein market by 2030. With a value of $29.4 billion in 2020, experts suggest that the plant-based foods market could have a value of over $162 billion by the end of the decade.
Let’s not forget it’s a lot healthier to make nuggets at home, here are some amazing recipes for you:
- Tofu Chick’n Nuggets [Vegan]
- Crispy Chickpea Nuggets [Vegan]
- Crispy Cauliflower Nuggets [Vegan]
- Spicy Crunchy Cauliflower Nuggets [Vegan]
- Raw ‘Chicken’ Nuggets [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Crispy Turmeric Tofu Nuggets [Vegan]
- Burger King Announces Plant-Based Chicken Sandwich Starring Impossible Chicken Patties
- Burger King Set to Open Fully Plant-Based Location in the UK
- Burger King UK Starts Selling Vegan Nuggets
- Burger King Opens First 100% Vegetarian Location
- Burger King Tests Out Impossible Foods Plant-Based Chicken Nuggets
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.