Chives on baked potatoes are one of the more well-known potatoes and chive dishes, but there are many ways this delicious combination can thrive. Chives have a mild flavor that is similar to garlic and onion, and they often work best when sprinkled on the dish after it’s finished cooking because heat can ruin the flavor. Here are 8 savory and healthy vegan potatoes and chive recipes!
1. Earthy Potato Chive Soup
Source: Earthy Potato Chive Soup
Potatoes and chives are like peanut butter and jelly. They’re just so delicious and happy together. This Earthy Potato Chive Soup by Wendy Irene has a delightful fresh herb flavor. The red pepper flakes add a touch of heat that compliments the earthy potatoes and onion chive flavor nicely. Fresh dill and garlic add an extra boost of flavor to the soup.
2. Easy Garlic Chive Twice-Baked Potatoes
3. Roasted Cauliflower Piccata With Mashed Potatoes With Sour Cream and Chives
When you cut a head of cauliflower like you would a loaf of bread, the resulting slabs can be roasted and served as delicious steaks. This Roasted Cauliflower Piccata With Mashed Potatoes With Sour Cream and Chives by VEGANIZE IT! is seasoned with a luscious lemony piccata sauce and mushrooms atop a serving of creamy mashed potatoes will be your new favorite way to serve this versatile veggie.
4. Broccoli-Stuffed Baked Sweet Potato With Cashew Cream Chive Sauce
This is such a wonderful potato creation! Sweet potatoes are already so full of flavor, and then they get packed with broccoli and a homemade cashew cream chive sauce to take this dish over the top! Enjoy this Broccoli-Stuffed Baked Sweet Potato With Cashew Cream Chive Sauce by What the Health as a lunch dinner, or even appetizer.
5. Twice-Baked Potato Bites With Chive Dip
If you’re looking for a simple side dish or potluck take-along, look no further than these wildly simple Twice-Baked Potato Bites With Chive Dip by Amy Height. These are easy to make and you should go make a batch right now.
6. Roasted Shiitake With Celeriac Potato Puree
Delicious, creamy celeriac and potato purée is topped with earthy, meaty Shiitake mushrooms in this must-make fall side. The purée is made extra creamy, thanks to coconut butter and a splash or two of non-dairy milk, and is seasoned with chopped chives and nutritional yeast, which adds a layer of cheesiness. This Roasted Shiitake With Celeriac Potato Puree by Courtney West can be served for two to three as a dinner or four to five as a side.
7. Leek and Potato Soup
Source: Leek and Potato Soup
Soup is so easy and simple to make and just so much more delicious when it’s homemade. This vegan Leek and Potato Soup by The Rose and Bean is the perfect vegan holiday starter. Garnish with some chives and croutons and you’re off to a winner.
8. Potato and Celery Root Mash
Source: Potato and Celery Root Mash
The typical holiday mashed potato recipe contains nearly a stick of butter. But of course, you can make great mashed potatoes without any dairy at all. You can use soy milk for creaminess, along with heart-healthy olive oil. The quality of the olive oil makes a big difference here, so use the best you can get your hands on. Add some celery root, garlic, and chives to kick up the flavor even more. This Potato and Celery Root Mash by Cathy Elton is spectacular!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.