Shiver me timbers, it’s Lobster day!
Lobsters have been ‘making waves’ in the news a bit lately. One Maine restaurant made headlines recently for using marijuana to sedate lobsters to ease the cooking process. As much fun as that might sound, we’re a little more inclined to keep these little crustaceans alive and drug-free.
But there’s still plenty to do with all the tasty maritime classics inspired by these Red Sea dwellers. Plant-based lobster is just as tasty as the original! Check out our list of 5 lobster-inspired recipes for your plant-based kitchen.
1. Artichoke ‘Lobster’ Roll
Source: Artichoke ‘Lobster’ Roll
The lobster roll is a popular sandwich in New England that consists of a mayo-based filling in a soft, toasted, and buttered bun. This classic sandwich is easily made vegan using artichoke hearts, vegan mayonnaise, and a touch of dulse seaweed flakes. Transport yourself to Maine with Zsu Dever’s delicious Artichoke ‘Lobster’ Roll.
2. 15-Minute Hearts of Palm Lobster Rolls
These 15-Minute Hearts of Palm Lobster Rolls by Gabrielle St. Claire only take minutes, involve a handful of affordable and accessible ingredients, are effortless, have multiple textures, and pack that classic lobster roll flavor! What’s not to love? The hearts of palm matches the texture of lobster meat and the spice mayonnaise topping adds creaminess and heat to the dish.
3. Hearts of Palm Lobster Rolls
Source: Hearts of Palm Lobster Rolls
4. No-Cook Hearts of Palm Lobster Rolls
These No-Cook Hearts of Palm Lobster Rolls by Melanie Sorrentino Hearts of Palm Lobster Rolls require NO COOKING at all! All that you have to do is dice some ingredients, mix them all, and spoon them onto your roll of choice. Hearts of Palm has the same tender texture as cooked lobster and when seasoned right, tastes just like it too.
5. Lobster Mushroom Bisque
Source: Lobster Mushroom Bisque
This Lobster Mushroom Bisque by Lauren Hartmann is creamy, dreamy, warm, and seafood-free amazingness! Creamy cashews and blended veggies create the richest, most decadent meal you’ll ever dip a spoon into. If you’ve never tried Lobster mushrooms before, they are a sight to behold. When soaked, they turn such a beautiful bright color and have an amazing meaty texture that is perfect for the bisque.
Bonus: if you don’t have time to cook, you can purchase Vegan Lobster Mac and Cheese and Shrimp Jambalaya if you’re craving vegan lobster soup.
Want more tasty seafood recipes? Check out The Ultimate Guide to Making Vegan ‘Seafood’ Dishes! for more information on making fishy dishes!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.