If you’re all about gluten-free recipes and you’re looking for the best of the best, look no further! These are 15 gluten-free recipes of the year! These recipes are not only delicious but are the ones that our viewers have come back to over and over.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Chickpea Shakshouka with Avocados and Fresh Herbs
Shakshouka is a dish that has roots both in the Middle East and North Africa, and it is a fun dish to veganize. The traditional preparation calls for eggs to be poached over tomato broth spiced up with coriander, paprika, and other flavors. But who needs the eggs? Not us! Instead, in this Chickpea Shakshouka with Avocados and Fresh Herbs by Wait, That’s Vegan?! by Lisa Dawn Angerame, chickpeas are added right into the sauce, along with extra vegetables, Aleppo pepper and a hit of nutmeg for a flavorful, hearty, protein-packed situation. You don’t have to wait for breakfast to eat it, either. It is a great busy weeknight meal; serve it right out of the skillet with a side of crusty bread to sop up all that delicious sauce.
Reprinted with permission from Wait, That’s Vegan by Lisa Dawn Angerame, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Alex Shytsman
2. Amiri Khaman: North Indian Chickpea Squares
This North Indian snack hails from the western state of Gujarat. It’s made from chana dal, also called split chickpeas, flavored with garlic, ginger, and other spices, delicious, nutritious, and easy to make — no baking necessary. These Amiri Khaman: North Indian Chickpea Squares by Pavani Nandula are protein-packed, melt-in-your-mouth squares that are excellent to serve as an appetizer with ketchup or sweet tamarind chutney.
3. Refried Black Beans
Source: Refried Black Beans
You can make your own vegan “refried” beans right on your stovetop in a matter of minutes. This Refried Black Beans by Wholesome LLC is a great option for adding to burritos or tacos, dipping tortilla chips, or simply adding rice for a delicious, yet simple, rice and bean dish. The options are endless!
5. Tortilla Soup with Jackfruit
Source: Tortilla Soup with Jackfruit
Making a batch of this is a perfect excuse to stay in and save some money. You can make it as spicy as you want. After all, it’s your kitchen. This Tortilla Soup with Jackfruit by Kathy Hester is easy to make with pantry ingredients. If you don’t have a poblano, you can use green chilies. You could also substitute reconstituted soy curls, crumbled tempeh, tofu cubes, or chickpeas for the jackfruit if you prefer.
Reprinted with permission from Gluten-Free Vegan Cooking in Your Instant Pot by Kathy Hester, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Kathy Hester
6. Ful (Fava Bean Dip)
Source: Ful (Fava Bean Dip)
Ful is a staple dish in many regions in the Middle East. Each country has its take on this beloved vegan bean dip. In Palestine, we serve ful with lots of fresh garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. You will find the olive oil dripping down your hands as you dip into ful. If you ask my dad, it is the only way to enjoy it. My favorite part of this Ful (Fava Bean Dip) by Heifa Odeh is the da’ah, which is a jalapeño salsa topping that truly takes this recipe to another level of deliciousness.
Credit: Reprinted with permission from Dine in Palestine by Heifa Odeh. Page Street Publishing Co. 2022. Photo credit: Doaa Elkady.
7. Chocolaty Yogurt Parfait
Source: Chocolaty Yogurt Parfait
This healthy Chocolaty Yogurt Parfait by Nele Liivlaid is a great afternoon pick-me-up snack that takes only one bowl and less than 5 minutes to make! Besides its simplicity, you’ll enjoy the perfect creaminess, and the fresh flavor will lift you!
8. 10-Minute Guacamole Dip
Source: 10-Minute Guacamole Dip
This easy 10-Minute Guacamole Dip by Sarah Bond recipe has a secret — there’s hidden spinach! Think the fresh homemade guacamole you know and love, but with the addition of healthy, vitamin-packed, vibrant green spinach for an ultra-flavorful combination! Best of all, it’s ready in just 10 minutes.
9. Easy Marinated Vegetable Kabobs
Source: Easy Marinated Vegetable Kabobs
An easy summer side dish and an easy way to amp up the veggies on your plate! These Easy Marinated Vegetable Kabobs by Barbara Zackey make the perfect wingman for your next bbq or weeknight dinner. Bright, colorful vegetables straight from the garden, farmer’s market, or produce stand marinated in a citrus-herby lightly flavored sauce that screams summer. These veggies are perfectly paired with your favorite plant-based protein slathered in bbq sauce or mixed in with your favorite grain, like pasta.
10. Wild Mushroom Buckwheat Risotto
Source: Wild Mushroom Buckwheat Risotto
This Wild Mushroom Buckwheat Risotto by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler incorporates protein-rich wild rice and buckwheat, together with seasonal root vegetables and squash. It requires several different steps to put together but the result will be a delicious, and satisfying meal in a bowl that will nourish your body and soul!
11. Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sesame Soba
In this Roasted Red Bell Pepper Sesame Soba by Stephanie McKinnie, soba noodles are served in a savory homemade mushroom broth that’s infused with a roasted red bell pepper sauce and then topped with an assortment of vegetables and fresh herbs. This noodle dish is big on flavor— it’s a little spicy, a little savory, with a bit of umami. Serve this soup hot on a cold winter’s day to help fight the cold.
12. Plátanos Fritos
Source: Plátanos Fritos
This plátanos Fritos recipe highlights sweet, creamy, and perfectly ripe plantains. Try these Plátanos Fritos by Mitch and Justine Chapman served with vegan crema, strawberry jam, and cinnamon for an ultra-rich, caramelized treat you can enjoy morning, noon, or night!
13. 3-Ingredient Salted Chocolate Almond Clusters
If you’re craving an easy, chocolatey snack that’s better for your body than the usual store-bought chocolates, then these 3-Ingredient Salted Chocolate Almond Clusters by Michele Elizabeth are a must-make. Crunchy, sweet, and salty, they hit three cravings in one bite-sized treat — plus, they have chocolate. It’s so easy to make them in big batches that you can always have a batch stored in your refrigerator.
14. Chickpea Flour Muffins
Source: Chickpea Flour Muffins
These Chickpea Flour Muffins by Maria Koutsogiannis are a perfect snack or breakfast when you’re running out the door. These savory Chickpea Flour Muffins are high in protein, vegan & gluten-free! One of my favorite chickpea flour recipes.
15. Spanish Omelette
Source: Spanish Omelette
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.