Vanilla and chocolate are one of the best dessert combinations. The creaminess of vanilla balances perfectly with the rich and bold flavor of chocolate. From cakes to donuts to milkshakes to parfaits, vanilla and chocolate just work. Here are 15 vanilla chocolate recipes you’ll never get tired of making!
1. Healthy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Source: Healthy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
This easy Healthy Vanilla Chocolate Chip Banana Bread by Hayley Canning gives perfect results every time.
2. Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake
Source: Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake
In this recipe, creamy, decadent chocolate and vanilla cheesecake sit on a nut-and-seed crust. The crust itself requires no baking and for the cheesecake, the toughest part of the entire process is waiting for it to solidify in the freezer. This Vanilla Chocolate Cheesecake by Priscilla Soler is wonderful on its own, but divine when smothered in melted chocolate and topped with fruit.
3. Chocolate and Vanilla Custard Cakes
Source: Chocolate and Vanilla Custard Cakes
You have got to try this much healthier and vegan version of the traditional custard! These cute little two-layered Chocolate and Vanilla Custard Cakes by Kirsten Kaminski are topped with delicious coconut whipped cream. If you like custard, you’ll love these!
4. Vanilla Macadamia Chocolate Chunk Donuts
Source: Vanilla Macadamia Chocolate Chunk Donuts
These Vanilla Macadamia Chocolate Chunk Donuts by Tiffany Kinson will satisfy your sweet cravings! They’re not only delicious, but they are easy to make!
5. Dark Almond Vanilla and Chocolate Bar
Source: Dark Almond Vanilla and Chocolate Bar
This easy, five-ingredient Dark Almond Vanilla and Chocolate Bar by Bianca the Green Creator is made from scratch with vanilla and sliced almonds and sweetened with dates. Vegan, gluten-free, and super delicious.
6. Iced Coffee, Chocolate, and Vanilla Slice
Source: Iced Coffee, Chocolate, and Vanilla Slice
This is a wonderful, light, yet decadent summer-themed recipe. Using coffee, these slices are super easy and healthy and can be made ahead and served on a warm, light evening – especially if you’re eating al fresco. Using frozen bananas to make a vanilla layer and coffee one, combined with a delicious chocolate sauce and crunchy walnuts is sure to hit the spot for any coffee/chocolate lover. You wouldn’t believe this Iced Coffee, Chocolate, and Vanilla Slice by Pamela Higgins is free from gluten, dairy, and refined sugar!
7. Matcha Vanilla Cheesecake With Chocolate Cookie Crust
Source: Matcha Vanilla Cheesecake With Chocolate Cookie Crust
This Matcha Vanilla Cheesecake With Chocolate Cookie Crust by Larice Feuerstein is every bit as decadent as the dairy kind but instead of weighing you down, it energizes you! It’s not salad, but this no-bake cheesecake is made with cashews, coconut milk, matcha green tea, almonds, and cacao, and is sweetened with dates. Creamy, rich, and melt-in-your-mouth good.
8. Raw Chocolate Vanilla Berry Bomb Cake
Source: Raw Chocolate Vanilla Berry Bomb Cake
For a show-stopping dessert at your next party, consider making this gorgeous Raw Chocolate Vanilla Berry Bomb Cake by Natalie Yonan. It’s sweet, creamy, and topped with a gorgeous berry arrangement. We won’t tell your guests how easy it was to make!
9. Toffee Vanilla Ice Cream Slices
Source: Toffee Vanilla Ice Cream Slices
These Toffee Vanilla Ice Cream Slices by Anthea Cheng are inspired by the Golden Gaytime, a finger-sized toffee and vanilla ice cream bar dipped in chocolate and covered in biscuit pieces, originating from Australia. This recipe is a healthier version of the Aussie dessert, made with a crumbly oat base, creamy coconut ice cream filling, and all topped with a drizzle of chocolate and a divine cookie crumble. These little bars have the same texture and taste as the original with just a fraction of the guilt!
10. Chocolate Chip Cookie Milkshake
Source: Chocolate Chip Cookie Milkshake
An ultra-creamy vegan chocolate chip milkshake, with chunks of dairy-free chocolate and vanilla ice cream. A delicious and very luxurious drink. This Chocolate Chip Cookie Milkshake by Holly Jade is spectacular!
11. Superfood Chocolate Mousse and Raspberry Parfait
Source: Superfood Chocolate Mousse and Raspberry Parfait
Who doesn’t love a rich and creamy chocolate mousse served over a bed of sweet vanilla chia pudding and tangy raspberry puree? The bottom layer is a simple vanilla chia pudding made with chia seeds, your favorite non-dairy milk, vanilla, and a bit of natural sweetener of choice like pure maple syrup. The raspberry layer is just raspberries cooked gently over low heat with a dash of water and pure maple syrup, for a beautiful color and delicious fruity tang. The mousse is rich, decadent, and super nutritious at the same time! You have to try this Superfood Chocolate Mousse and Raspberry Parfait by Mitra Shirmohammadi.
12. Raw Cocoa Vanilla Swiss Roll
Source: Raw Cocoa Vanilla Swiss Roll
Despite the name, Swiss rolls are thought to have originated in Austria. Regardless of where they come from, they’re a delicious treat worthy of any occasion. This Raw Cocoa Vanilla Swiss Roll by Adam Graczynski can be enjoyed by many because it’s gluten-free and grain-free; the chocolatey outer roll is made from dates and almonds and it’s stuffed with a cashew cream filling that can also be made with macadamia.
13. Vanilla Cheesecake Stuffed Brownies
Source: Vanilla Cheesecake Stuffed Brownies
This decadent, fudgy raw brownie is made from dates, oats, and cacao, but it doesn’t stop there. It’s stuffed with a creamy vanilla cheesecake filling and topped with chocolate-covered strawberries and leftover cheesecake filling. These Vanilla Cheesecake Stuffed Brownies by Amanda Smith are the perfect treat for date night or for just treating yourself.
14. Mini Hazelnut Vanilla Sandwich Cookies
Source: Mini Hazelnut Vanilla Sandwich Cookies
These tiny treats have a creamy hazelnut and chocolate spread sandwiched between two soft, vanilla cookies. The macaron-esque shape makes these Mini Hazelnut Vanilla Sandwich Cookies by Sofia Von Porat an adorable dessert to have at any gathering. In Italy, these are referred to as “Ladies’ Kisses.”
15. Acai, Vanilla, and Almond Butter Fudge
Source: Acai, Vanilla, and Almond Butter Fudge
This Acai, Vanilla, and Almond Butter Fudge by Christina Leopold has layer upon layer of delightful flavors. The squares start with a rich, almond butter fudge which is followed by a silky-smooth layer of vanilla, then a velvety layer of açaí, and finished with a homemade chocolate topping.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!