Potato tacos may not be the most popular taco variety, but they are certainly some of the most delicious. These tacos are nutritionally dense, cheap, and simple to make. So instead of asking taco bell to add some crispy potatoes to your taco or crunch wrap supreme, whip up some of these bad boys!
1. South-of-the-Border Potato Tacos
Source: South-of-the-Border Potato Tacos
A cheesy, caliente potato taco is delicious. A cheesy, caliente potato taco that’s fried is outta this world. You should serve the creamy avocado sauce on the side (better just make a really big batch). These South-of-the-Border Potato Tacos by Lane Gold are spectacular!
2. Potato Tacos with Homemade Salsa
Source: Potato Tacos with Homemade Salsa
You would never think of putting potatoes on tacos but we did. And let us tell you, it is delicious! It’s potato tacos with black bean and corn relish and one of the most delicious homemade salsas you will ever taste. And the three go wonderfully together. This is a great meal for having friends over, for the family, for any occasion. Pair it with a margarita and you are on track for an awesome evening! You have to try these Potato Tacos with Homemade Salsa by Alexandra V Jones!
3. Plantain Sweet Potato Tacos With Guacamole
These Plantain Sweet Potato Tacos With Guacamole by Erin Druga are exactly as they sound – stuffed with plantains, sweet potatoes, and black beans and topped with a simple guacamole. They’re vegan, gluten-free, and an excellent lunch or dinner option!
4. Potato Tacos With Massaged Kale
Source: Potato Tacos With Massaged Kale
These Potato Tacos With Massaged Kale by Amy Katz are delicious and easy to make. Simply roast some seasoned potatoes, massage some kale with avocado, and add your favorite toppings! These tacos are naturally vegan and gluten-free.
5. Potato Tacos With Brussels Sprouts Slaw and Quinoa Tortillas
Homemade fluffy quinoa tortillas filled to the brim with soft white potatoes, black beans, and fresh Brussels sprouts slaw. A perfect medley of fall-inspired and Mexican flavors! Taco Tuesday (or any other day) will never be the same again with the addition of these Potato Tacos With Brussels Sprouts Slaw and Quinoa Tortillas by Jasmine Briones!
6. Sweet Potato Tacos With Mint-Cilantro Salsa
A delicious taco made with a filling black bean purée, creamy avocado, crispy sweet potatoes, and topped with a cooling mint-cilantro salsa! These Sweet Potato Tacos With Mint-Cilantro Salsa by Marie Reginato are anything but traditional. Sweet potatoes, black beans, and avocados together provide that signature satiating feeling that so often comes from tacos.
7. Thankful Sweet Potato Pie Tacos
Source: Thankful Sweet Potato Pie Tacos
Practicing gratitude is an important aspect of a detoxified lifestyle. We have found that the best way to get into a thankful mindset is by eating Thanksgiving-inspired tacos. Here we offer the Thankful Sweet Potato Pie Tacos by Wes Allison. Like pumpkin, sweet potato sparkles when accompanied by warm spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, and allspice. While the sweet potato spice latte may never come to fruition, we can be thankful that the Sweet Potato Pie Taco is available year-round.
Credit line: Recipe from The Taco Cleanse: The Tortilla-Based Diet Proven to Change Your Life, copyright ©Wes Allison, Stephanie Bogdanich, Molly R. Frisinger, Jessica Morris, 2015. Reprinted by permission of the publisher, The Experiment. Available wherever books are sold. theexperimentpublishing.com
8. Aloo Matar Tacos: Indian Potato and Peas Tacos
A portable take on the traditional Punjabi dish aloo matar — potatoes and peas in a spiced tomato sauce, these yummy Aloo Matar Tacos: Indian Potato and Peas Tacos by Steven Seighman take just 20 minutes to make. They have all the same flavors you’d get if you went to an Indian restaurant and ordered a bowl of Aloo Matar. It’s just that now you can walk by that restaurant while chowing down.
9. Mini Baked Potato Chip Tacos
Source: Mini Baked Potato Chip Tacos
These Mini Baked Potato Chip Tacos by Larice Feuerstein will be the star of any event you bring them to. The perfectly seasoned homemade potato chips make the perfect taco shell for whatever yummy fillings you decide to put in them. You can fill them yourself or let your guests get creative and make their own.
10. Korean Spicy Sweet Potato Falafel Tacos With Kimchi
These Korean Spicy Sweet Potato Falafel Tacos With Kimchi by Maikki Vasala combine Korean flavors with Mediterranean falafels and Mexican tacos … this is the most culturally diverse meal you’ll ever have! And it’s pretty darn delicious, too.
11. Spicy Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
These veggie-packed Spicy Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos by Laura Nockett are delicious weeknight meals that can be easily meal prepped in advance. These Spicy Sweet Potato Black Bean Tacos are seriously delicious and seriously addicting!
12. Sweet Potato and Tofu Breakfast Tacos With Spicy Black Beans
Sweet potato and tofu tacos aren’t just for breakfast, you can eat them at any time of day, but if you’re craving something warm and savory for your morning meal, these Sweet Potato and Tofu Breakfast Tacos With Spicy Black Beans by Alex and Linda Meyer are a great way to start the day!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.