Caramelized bananas are the perfect addition to your sweet treats – cakes, pies, pancakes, chia puddings, and more! They add a delicious natural sweetness to the dish and are pretty easy to make. If you need some inspiration, check out these 10 vegan caramelized banana recipes! Each one is a real showstopper!
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy!
1. Caramelized Banana S’mores Skillet
This simple vegan dessert is ideal for those who don’t want to start a campfire! This Caramelized Banana S’mores Skillet by Emma D’Alessandro is packed with gooey chocolate and marshmallow goodness. The caramelized bananas keep the s’mores dip from feeling overly indulgent. Break apart some graham crackers into dipping sticks to get the true s’mores experience.
2. Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Caramelized Bananas
You may remember tapioca from your childhood snack puddings? Here’s an upgraded coconut pudding version. This vegan Coconut Tapioca Pudding with Caramelized Bananas by Claire Ragozzino is made with creamy coconut milk, cardamom, caramelized bananas, and cacao nibs for a bit of texture. Tapioca, made from the cassava plant, is loaded with iron, calcium, folate, and manganese. Much like chia, it can absorb several times its weight in liquid, making it a hydrating snack option. Grab a spoon and give this vegan tapioca pudding a try!
3. Grilled Banana Split
Source: Grilled Banana Split
This Grilled Banana Split by Kyra Howearth starts with grilled, caramelized banana halves and homemade, creamy vanilla coconut ice cream. Then, you top it with a warm, chocolate drizzle and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts.
4. Caramelized Banana Porridge
Source: Caramelized Banana Porridge
5. Caramelized Banana Granola
Source: Caramelized Banana Granola
In this recipe for Caramelized Banana Granola by Leah Moldowan, a banana is pan-fried until it begins to caramelize and then mixed into a crunchy oat and buckwheat granola, giving it a sweetness that’s as delightful as it is unique. You’ll have a hard time not devouring this granola in one day and no trouble with finding ways that you can use it. Eating it as a cereal, with a splash of non-dairy milk, snacking on it dry, or topping it on smoothies are among the best!
6. Caramelized Banana Rum Shake
Source: Caramelized Banana Rum Shake
This Caramelized Banana Rum Shake by Annie Oliverio gets its bulk solely from bananas whose sweet, rich flavors are lovingly brought out by a light sprinkle of pure maple sugar and a quick “sunbath” under the broiler.
7. Banana Cream Pie
Source: Banana Cream Pie
Caramelized bananas smothered in creamy homemade vegan pudding sit atop a nutty walnut crust in this delicious Banana Cream Pie by Nicole Dunai. A thick layer of coconut whip cream tops off this delectable summer dessert. Layers of yum on yum compound to make for slices of pure heaven.
8. Caramelized Banana and Hazelnut Pancakes
These Caramelized Banana and Hazelnut Pancakes by Anna Miller are a true breakfast treat! Super fluffy, extra thick, and delightfully soft pancakes studded with crunchy hazelnuts and topped with caramelized bananas!
9. Banana Pudding Brûlée
Source: Banana Pudding Brûlée
A creamy and thick banana pudding sprinkled with a generous serving of sugar, which is then caramelized to create a deep and rich caramel film that makes the notorious shattering sound when broken. You have to try this Banana Pudding Brûlée by Lauren Wright!
10. Caramelized Banana and Fig Ice Cream Bars
This amazing recipe is for Caramelized Banana and Fig Ice Cream Bars by Tiana Haines made with fresh fig, caramelized bananas, and even chocolate! The bananas add a sweet and creamy flavor to the already fantastic recipe while the chocolate adds yet another layer of decadence. These ice cream bars will be the talk of the town.
Learn How to Cook Plant-Based Meals at Home!
Reducing your meat intake and eating more plant-based foods is known to help with chronic inflammation, heart health, mental wellbeing, fitness goals, nutritional needs, allergies, gut health, and more! Dairy consumption also has been linked to many health problems, including acne, hormonal imbalance, cancer, prostate cancer and has many side effects.
For those of you interested in eating more plant-based, we highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! And, while you are at it, we encourage you to also learn about the environmental and health benefits of a plant-based diet.
Here are some great resources to get you started:
- Weekly Vegan Meal Plans
- Plant-Based Health Resources
- Plant-Based Food & Recipes
- Plant-Based Nutrition Resources
- The Ultimate Guide to Plant-Based Nutrition
- Budget-Friendly Plant-Based Recipes
- High Protein Plant-Based Recipes
- Plant-Based Meal Prep
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.