There’s a reason Chick-fil-A decided to use cauliflower for their new “plant-based” (not quite) sandwich- it’s one of the most delicious and satisfying meat substitutes in existence! The tender shreds of cooked cauliflower eerily mirror chicken when cooked right and the mild flavor allows you to season it to your liking. So if you haven’t yet tried cauliflower sandwiches, then this is the list for you!
1. Crispy Cauliflower Sandwiches
Source: Crispy Cauliflower Sandwiches
If you want the best vegan sandwiches to munch on this spring, look no further. These Crispy Cauliflower Sandwiches by Robin Browne are both healthy and beautifully seasoned. They are dang good sammies that will fill your belly up and make you want to come back for seconds.
2. Asian Cauliflower Sandwiches With Pickled Slaw
Source: Asian Cauliflower Sandwiches With Pickled Slaw
These Asian Cauliflower Sandwiches With Pickled Slaw by Gabrielle St. Claire are battered, baked, crispy, and meaty. The sauce is sweet and savory with a hint of spicy. The pickled cucumber slaw is light, tart, colorful, and crunchy, as it is the perfect topping for this sandwich! In addition to all of the above, it packs a variety of colors, tons of veggies, is affordable, and is hands down a crowd-pleaser!
3. Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich
Source: Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich
Tender, yet crunchy cauliflower, and smothered in a spicy sauce, this Spicy Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich by Liz Martone is an example of how to make good things even better by putting them between two slices of bread. Layered on fresh, crispy bread with spinach, it’s the perfect sandwich for summer parties, hangouts, and picnics. Serve as is or add some coleslaw to balance out the spicy cauliflower with something cool and crunchy.
4. Cauliflower Rice Pesto Sandwich
Source: Cauliflower Rice Pesto Sandwich
This Cauliflower Rice Pesto Sandwich by Florian Nouh is a delightful cacophony of flavors that blend into the perfect bite. It is stuffed with fresh tomatoes, tender eggplant, tasty cauliflower rice, and pesto to tie everything together. It’s got everything you love between two slices of bread.
5. Cauliflower Club Sandwich With Waffle Bread
Source: Cauliflower Club Sandwich With Waffle Bread
While there’s a lot to love about a tasty sandwich, sometimes it’s fun to add something new to the mix. In the case of these sandwiches, it’s swapping out bread for waffles. Light and fluffy, these would be fantastic on their own with vegan sour cream, but the pairing of crispy cauliflower and Shiitake bacon with cheesy waffles cannot be missed. Serve them for breakfast, brunch, dinner … whenever. Anytime is a good time for this Cauliflower Club Sandwich With Waffle Bread by Gabrielle St. Claire.
6. Cauliflower Steak Sandwich With Romesco Sauce
Source: Cauliflower Steak Sandwich With Romesco Sauce
Garlicky cauliflower steak is smothered in tangy Romesco tomato sauce and topped with a dollop of creamy cole slaw in this Cauliflower Steak Sandwich With Romesco Sauce by Aysegul Sanford. To say that it’s hearty and flavorful would be an understatement. We guarantee you’ll have one of those moments where you’re so satisfied and full, but are dying to go back in time just so you can relive eating this sandwich. Try it and you’ll see this is not a dramatization.
7. Crispy Cauliflower Po’ Boy Sandwich With Remoulade Sauce
Source: Crispy Cauliflower Po’ Boy Sandwich With Remoulade Sauce
One of the best sandwiches is the classic Po’ Boy, a Louisiana/New Orleans favorite complete with fried shrimp, French baguette, and mayonnaise-based remoulade sauce. This Crispy Cauliflower Po’ Boy Sandwich With Remoulade Sauce by Larice Feuerstein is spectacular!
8. Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich
Source: Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich
Add some delicious flavor to your lunch or dinner meal with this Nashville Hot Chicken Sandwich by Shanika Graham-White which is made from cauliflower and topped with simple ingredients and a homemade herb aioli sauce.
9. Cauliflower Sloppy Joes
Source: Cauliflower Sloppy Joes
Think it’s impossible to make a vegetable like cauliflower taste like the smoky meat in sloppy joes? Think again! These Cauliflower Sloppy Joes by Taylor Kiser use peppers, onions, garlic, tomato sauce, broth, Worcestershire, and a medley of other spices to create a perfectly zesty beef-like mix that tastes amazing sandwiched between two buns. Roll up your sleeves and dig into this saucy, ultra-messy, and very delicious sloppy joe. And then show your friends!
10. Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders With Blue Cheese Sauce
Source: Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders With Blue Cheese Sauce
These Buffalo Cauliflower Sliders With Blue Cheese Sauce by Gabrielle St. Claire take Buffalo bites to the next level. How do you improve on what’s near perfection? Turn it into a sandwich. Spicy baked Buffalo cauliflower is sandwiched between a fluffy bun and topped with a crunchy slaw in vegan blue cheese dressing. Whether you serve these for dinner or just at a party, they’re guaranteed to be a surefire win.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!