July 10th is National Pina Colada Day, and to celebrate, we’re bringing you a roundup of our best pina colada recipes! This popular cocktail originated in Puerto Rico and is a mixture of rum, coconut milk, and pineapple juice. However, you’ll find that most of these recipes skip out on the rum part! Here are 10 pina colada recipes, from puddings to cakes to ice cream and more!
1. Pina Colada Chia Pudding
Source: Pina Colada Chia Pudding
The flavor combination of pineapple and coconut is so good, especially in this Pina Colada Chia Pudding by Kristen Genton. It is extremely refreshing, especially in the summer heat, and tastes better the longer it sits. You might even want to try adding a little coconut or mango rum to these as a boozy treat.
2. Frozen Pina Colada Cake
Source: Frozen Pina Colada Cake
This Frozen Pina Colada Cake by Emily Spain is reminiscent of sipping a chilly piña colada in a tropical paradise. The creamy coconut milk filling is flavored with sweet, yet tart pineapple and can be served one of two ways. You can serve it thawed so that it’s like a cream cake or serve it frozen for a cake that’s like ice cream. You won’t believe this has an entire zucchini in it. It’s undetectable, only adding to the creaminess, so the cake is delicious.
Get the Summer Cookbook!
3. Green Pina Colada Breakfast Bowl
Source: Green Pina Colada Breakfast Bowl
4. Pina Colada Protein Smoothie
Source: Pina Colada Protein Smoothie
This flavor combination will make it feel like summer any time of the year. Typically a piña colada comes pre-mixed and full of dairy and refined sugar, but this Piña Colada Protein Smoothie by Kennedy Kitchings is made with simple and healthy ingredients! Pineapple, banana, protein powder, ice, and coconut chia pudding. That’s all you need! Make a big batch of chia pudding at the beginning of the week and keep it in your fridge for an easy breakfast, snack, or recipes like this one. Add a slice of pineapple to the glass and start your day right with a delicious and nutritious piña colada smoothie.
5. Pina Colada Slice
Source: Pina Colada Slice
This Piña Colada Slice by Lauren Wright is one of the tastiest pineapple dessert recipes out there! The chewy coconut crust is topped with silky coconut cream and a fried pineapple. What could be more delicious? It’s like the sibling of pineapple-upside down cake and Piña Colada cake––the perfect tropical treat! Eating one is the next best thing to sitting on a beach and drinking the real thing. You will fall in love with these little slices of coconut-pineapple heaven. They’re a vacation in every bite.
6. Pina Colada Coconut Nice Cream
Source: Pina Colada Coconut Nice Cream
This Piña Colada Coconut Nice Cream by Gemma Gonzalez is smooth, completely plant-based, gluten-free, and healthy! The rum is optional, but who can say no to slightly boozy ice cream? The tropical coconut and pineapple combo will make you feel like you’re at some fancy beach club or an exotic paradise even if you’re just on your couch.
7. Pina Colada Popsicles
Source: Pina Colada Popsicles
The coconut, the rum, the pineapple…might as well throw in a one-way ticket to Waikiki beach. These easy-to-make Pina Colada Popsicles by Native Foods Cafe are the perfect treat for outdoor entertaining and transporting your guests to the tropics.
8. Creamy Pina Colada Bars
Source: Creamy Pina Colada Bars
Sweet, tart, creamy, and tropical. These Creamy Pina Colada Bars by Barbara Deisinger bring all the wonderful, summery flavors of a piña colada, only without the alcohol, so anyone can enjoy! It’s made from two delicious components: a crisp, no-bake crust made from a combination of popcorn, nuts, dried pineapple, and coconut, and a creamy filling made from coconut milk and pineapple juice. The perfect snack to get you through those warm weather days!
9. Pina Colada Bites
Source: Pina Colada Bites
Avocado, juicy pineapple, oats, and shredded coconut come together in these delicious Piña Colada Bites by Dawn Hutchins. Just one of these will have you feeling like you’re on a tropical vacation. The best part is that all of the ingredients are good for you!
10. Healthy Pina Colada (Hallelujah!)
If you like Pina Coladas…and getting caught in the rain…then you need to make this Healthy Pina Colada (Hallelujah!) by Jennifer Harmon. Say no to pre-made mixes! That should be your new motto! I find it is much MUCH tastier to make your own. I get it, you want a drink because you are trying to relax, so you don’t want to spend all day making said drink. I got your back! Just buy the ingredients beforehand, the perishable items are frozen, so you can store all of them for your time of need.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.