What if life was just desserts? Well, it can be with these desserts from September 2022! Featuring delights like mousse and cinnamon rolls, you’ll find yourself adding these to your dessert rotation. Plus, they’re all vegan!
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Dessert Archives for more ideas!
1. Chocolate Chāi Mousse with Berries
This Chocolate Chāi Mousse with Berries by Sheil Shukla is subtly spiced with chāi flavors. The ground tea leaves give it a slightly astringent and bitter taste that contrasts well with sweet berries. This is best when fresh berries are at their summertime peak. The creaminess comes from silken tofu, available in vacuum-packed containers in the Asian or dairy aisles of many supermarkets. Not only is this dessert delicious, but it’s also nutritious! Dark chocolate and berries are rich in antioxidants. Berries have anti-cancer properties, and dark chocolate plays a role in heart health, too.
2. Cinnamon Rolls
Source: Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Rolls by Barbara Zackey are a dream come true! Easy to prepare the night before for a slow morning or bake and freeze until the perfect moment arrives. These homemade & delicious vegan cinnamon rolls are sticky, soft, sweet & plant-based!
3. Drunken Rum Raisin Ice Cream
Source: Drunken Rum Raisin Ice Cream
I use actual rum, hence “Drunken Rum Raisin.” Even that little raisin looks a little tipsy like it’s about to fall out of the ice cream scoop! Try out this Drunken Rum Raisin Ice Cream by Lisa Dawn Angerame!
4. Cinnamon Zucchini Cakes
Source: Cinnamon Zucchini Cakes
These moist and succulent cinnamon zucchini mini cakes are a nice alternative to your regular carrot cake. These Cinnamon Zucchini Cakes by Fabio Gallo are spiced perfectly, studded with walnuts and raisins, and then finish with a simple glaze drizzle to give them a sweet finish.
5. Peanut Butter and Jam Brownies
Source: Peanut Butter and Jam Brownies
These Peanut Butter and Jam Brownies by Luce Hosier are a match made in heaven. Not only do they bake in half the time of a standard brownie, but the ratio of PB and J to brownie is almost equal, meaning every mouthful is packed with chocolatey gooeyness. You could even swap the peanut butter for almond butter—just make sure it’s smooth and runny so you can make the pretty swirls.
Reprinted with permission from One-Pan Vegan by Luce Hosier. Page Street Publishing Co. 2022. Photo credit: Luce Hosier.
6. Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Source: Apple Cinnamon Rolls
7. Cherry Chia Jam Crumble Bars
Source: Cherry Chia Jam Crumble Bars
These Cherry Chia Jam Crumble Bars by Caroline Doucet are made with nutritious ingredients, including dates, oats, walnuts, cherries, and chia seeds. Top them with your favorite ice cream for a delicious summer snack or dessert.
8. Berry Crumble
Source: Berry Crumble
It’s berry season and that means it’s time to make crumbles, tarts, and pies. This Berry Crumble by Julie Zimmer is 100% vegan, gluten-free, and the perfect balance of sweet and tart, tender and crisp. It’s worth making for three reasons: it’s healthy; it’s delicious and it’s easier to make than an elegant pie. In this recipe, the filling has a mix of blueberries and raspberries, but you can use any type of seasonal fresh or frozen berries or stone fruit such as peaches, cherries, or plums.
9. Peanut Butter Mousse
Source: Peanut Butter Mousse
This peanut butter mousse is airy, light, and decadent!
10. Honeydew Sorbet With Lime and Mint
What’s fab about this Honeydew Sorbet With Lime and Mint by Gabrielle St. Claire, is everything! Like most sorbets, it packs minimal ingredients, is quick, easy, affordable, perf for summer, and great for entertaining, you can skip the agave if you like, and you can add in coconut cream to make ice cream, but no matter what you do with this combo, you’re going to love this flavor combo!!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take the initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.