What if life was just desserts? Well, it can be with these desserts from May 2023! Featuring delights like these, you’ll find yourself adding these to your dessert rotation. Plus, they’re all vegan!
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Dessert Archives for more ideas!
1. Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Pecan Macaroons
At first blush, these Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Pecan Macaroons by Jackie Akerberg may seem like any other coconut-date macaroon, but they are knock-your-socks-off good! Not only are they incredibly simple to make, but their sweet and salty flavor, combined with the rich dark chocolate, make them a total crowd-pleaser.
2. Whole Wheat Lemon Shortbread with Blueberry Compote
This Whole Wheat Lemon Shortbread with Blueberry Compote by Cameron Keller makes a compact cookie in texture with a very pleasantly pungent flavor, and serves as a great vessel for a tart blueberry compote and dollop of creamy coconut whipped cream.
3. Oatmeal Cookie Granola
Source: Oatmeal Cookie Granola
To say I’m obsessed with this granola would be a massive understatement. Before I left for college, I actually sent my mom the recipe and begged her to send me a batch while I lived in the dorms! It took quite a bit of trial and error, but it turns out that crispy rice cereal is the secret to irresistibly light and crunchy clusters. Simmering the sugars also creates these massive clumps that are perfect for late-night snacking. On that note—I leave you with a word of caution: This Oatmeal Cookie Granola by Elaine Skiadas stuff is highly addictive.
Credit: Reprinted with permission from Fantastic Vegan Recipes for the Teen Cook by Elaine Skiadas. Page Street Publishing Co. 2023. Photo credit: Elaine Skiadas.
4. Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake
Source: Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake
This is the most fun cake to make! These layers of thin and delicious crepes make up this Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake by Amy Lanza. Layer the crepes with thick vegan cream or yogurt, fresh raspberries and chopped chocolate.
5. Mini Churro Twists
Source: Mini Churro Twists
6. Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles
Date caramel is a great kind of vegan caramel. It takes only a few minutes to whip up, dip in chocolate and top with flaky sea salt for these Salted Caramel Chocolate Truffles by Ciarra Siller. A simple little treat. Feel free to keep these in your freezer and then defrost a few at a time for about 15 minutes before devouring them. Reprinted with permission from Vegan Chocolate Treats by Ciarra Siller, Page Street Publishing Co. 2020. Photo credit: Ciarra Siller
7. Toasted Caramel Frappe
Source: Toasted Caramel Frappe
This Toasted Caramel Frappe by Kat Condon contains no dairy, refined sugar or artificial ingredients. Loaded with a homemade vegan caramel sauce and sprinkled with freshly toasted coconut, this frappe is sure to be a summer favorite!
8. Salted Caramel Protein Blondies
Source: Salted Caramel Protein Blondies
These Salted Caramel Protein Blondies by Tara Sunshine are so gooey and delicious that you’ll barely believe they’re healthy, too! None of my taste testers could tell they were made with chickpeas. Instead, they described them as a cross between peanut butter cookies and caramel fudge.
9. Chocolate Pie
Source: Chocolate Pie
This easy-to-make Chocolate Pie by Julie Zimmer is decadent in a light kind of way. It’s chocolaty and creamy like pudding but not too sweet. It also holds perfectly, even without the coconut oil or cacao butter or Agar-Agar powder.
10. Pink and White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Vegan Pink and White Chocolate Dipped Strawberries by Hayley Canning are such an easy-to-make, decadent-but-still-on-the-healthier-side dessert! The process is fairly straightforward, melt the chocolate ingredients, dip the strawberries, and leave to set. Add Sprinkles and toppings of your choice. You can decorate them to look as fancy or as simple as you’d like. The most important thing to do is make sure your strawberries are pat completely dry after washing. A different take on the classic chocolate-covered strawberry. These vegan White Chocolate Strawberries make a beautiful gift and the perfect snack to store in the fridge/freezer when you’re craving a quick bite of something sweet.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.