What if life was just desserts? Well, it can be with these desserts from January 2023! Featuring delights like mousse and cupcakes, you’ll find yourself adding these to your dessert rotation. Plus, they’re all vegan!
We highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, plant-based, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Dessert Archives for more ideas!
1. Lemony Lucuma Tea Pops
Source: Lemony Lucuma Tea Pops
These rich, creamy popsicles may look like your standard frozen treat – but they are anything but ordinary. The rich ‘cream’ made from cashews and almond milk is packed with the superfood lucuma as well as a touch of agave for a bit of sweetness and a wave of lemon to round out the flavor profile; then it’s frozen on a stick for your enjoyment. Try out this Lemony Lucuma Tea Pops by Petra Vogel!
2. Nutty Blossom Cookies
Source: Nutty Blossom Cookies
3. Chocolate Fruit and Nut Fudge Cups
These little beauties were inspired by fruit-and-nut chocolate bars. I also love all things fudge so I combined the two in these decadent yet healthy, vegan, gluten-free fudge cups. Make these rich, double layered fudge bites into whatever shapes you like. These Chocolate Fruit and Nut Fudge Cups by Amy Lanza are great for desserts, and you will be popping into the fridge for another one!
4. 3-Ingredient Mousse
Source: 3-Ingredient Mousse
5. White Chocolate Mousse Cake With Chocolate Drizzle and Strawberries
What is better than chocolate? White chocolate! Or both? For all who can not decide, this recipe has chocolate and white chocolate in a fantastic mousse shape and a delicate drizzle! And because strawberries just make everything better, they’re included in this White Chocolate Mousse Cake With Chocolate Drizzle and Strawberries by Melanie Kröpfl too.
6. Pistachio Cake
Source: Pistachio Cake
This Pistachio Cake by Gabrielle St. Claire is amazing in every way. It has good-for-you ingredients like pistachios and spinach, is easy to make, and doesn’t require any fancy devices! With its subtle green color and almond glaze, it also looks absolutely beautiful! The pistachio topping adds a lovely texture to the soft cake and looks beautiful, too! Despite the short list of ingredients and minimal sugar, this pistachio cake bursts with flavor. It’s so delicious, you’ll want to make it over and over. Keep it in your kitchen to satisfy your sweet tooth or bring it to your next get-together.
7. Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart
Source: Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart
I fell in love with lemon curd while studying abroad in Paris, which is heaven for foodies. It was during one of our class outings that my professor introduced us to the best lemon curd tart I’ve ever tasted. It was refreshing, tangy and sweetened just enough so it didn’t overpower the citrus flavors. Since then, I have been on the hunt for the best vegan lemon curd tart, which led me to this recipe. One bite will transport me back to Paris, enjoying that lemon curd tart. This Blueberry Lemon Curd Tart by Helen Au is vegan with coconut cream and fresh lemon juice.
Reprinted with permission from Cozy Vegan Pies and Tarts by Helen Au. Page Street Publishing Co. 2022. Photo credit: Helen Au.
8. Blueberry, Rosemary and Walnut Toffee Tart
Blueberries are an incredible brain food, not just for their antioxidant properties, but they are also one of the best sources of anthocyanins, which help to reduce inflammation in the brain through fighting free radicals. Of course, they are also here for their taste and there is nothing better than a fresh juicy blueberry, grown in season. Paired with our omega-rich walnuts and memory-supporting rosemary, this Blueberry, Rosemary and Walnut Toffee Tart by Lauren Lovatt is a frangipane-filled tart that is quite the Mind Food treat.
9. The Best Banana Cream Pie
Source: The Best Banana Cream Pie
If you are a connoisseur of banana cream pie (like we are) you will be pumped about The Best Banana Cream Pie by Rita Marie – it’s literally the best banana cream pie ever. The crumbly date crust is slathered with a decadent date caramel, covered in ripe bananas, and then topped off with a velvety coconut cream and some more banana slices for good measure.
10. Apple Crumble Caramel Cheesecake
Source: Apple Crumble Caramel Cheesecake
This Apple Crumble Caramel Cheesecake by Crystal Bonnet is full of fall flavors and spices. If you’re a fan of apple pie, you will love this twist on a cheesecake. The oat crumble topping is also an excellent recipe on its own and is great as granola or cereal!
Credit: Reprinted with permission from The Art of Raw Desserts by Crystal Bonnet. Page Street Publishing Co. 2022. Photo credit: Crystal Bonnet.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care product
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.