Sometimes being plant-based and gluten-free can be a struggle. So, here are ten recipes that are both gluten-free and plant-based from January! They taste as great as they look.
We also highly recommend downloading the Food Monster App — with over 20,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest plant-based recipe resource to help you get healthy! And, don’t forget to check out our Gluten-Free Plant-Based Recipe Archives!
1. Kiwi and Banana Smoothie
Source: Kiwi and Banana Smoothie
This Kiwi and Banana Smoothie by Gabriela Lupu is so easy to make and only takes three ingredients! Just blend banana, kiwi, and almond milk––that’s it. Garnish with a strawberry to make it a bit more ~aesthetic~ if you’d like. Want to start your day with a healthy smoothie? Try this kiwi and banana smoothie! It’s delicious.
2. Hearty Mung Bean and Lentil Stew
Source: Hearty Mung Bean and Lentil Stew
Happy 2020! We’re kicking off the new year with a hearty, comforting stew that is perfect for meal prepping. This Hearty Mung Bean and Lentil Stew by Robin packed with fiber and protein -super satiating.
3. Plant Protein Pasta Salad Bowl
Source: Plant Protein Pasta Salad Bowl
This Plant Protein Pasta Salad Bowl by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler is easily one of the quickest and tastiest meals you will pull off all week – swapping the traditional thick sauce gluten pasta dish for a lighter and super nourishing weeknight meal.
4. Kale, Pomegranate, and Almond Winter Salad
Source: Kale, Pomegranate, and Almond Winter Salad
This Kale, Pomegranate, and Almond Winter Salad by Amy Lanza is seriously craveable and one that the whole family will enjoy. The key to any good kale salad is to massage your leaves. This wilts the leaves, turning them vibrant green and making them much more enjoyable as a base for this wintery, slaw-style salad. Add some dried cranberries, fresh pomegranate, and crunchy slivered almonds for a festive side dish.
5. Arugula Hempseed Protein Shake
Source: Arugula Hempseed Protein Shake
This Arugula Hempseed Protein Shake by Zuzana Fajkusova and Nikki Lefler is a nutrient-dense smoothie made with simple ingredients, that will have you going strong all morning. It contains healthy, fiber-rich carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, and high-quality, alkaline-forming protein.
6. Morrocan Style Quinoa Salad
Source: Morrocan Style Quinoa Salad
When I dream of Moroccan food, I picture sweet but warming aromas, fresh herbs, sticky dried fruits, and tons of color. This Morrocan Style Quinoa Salad by Amy Lanza ticks all of those boxes. Roasting the vegetables with the spices enhances the flavors, while the fresh herbs, chopped nuts, and fruits add texture and life to this make-ahead salad.
7. Meyer Lemon Rice Soup with Tofu
Source: Meyer Lemon Rice Soup with Tofu
Elegantly simple and great for when you have leftover rice loitering around in the ol’ ice box, this Meyer Lemon Rice Soup with Tofu by Cameron Keller is a tasty and pleasantly citrusy bowl full of wondrous plant-based ingredients: chunks of pressed extra firm tofu; strips of kale; grated carrot; and of course, the semi-sweet heavenly juice of the Meyer lemon.
8. Warm Lentil Salad
Source: Warm Lentil Salad
The perfect warm salad, this Warm Lentil Salad by Nisha Vora is made with hearty and wholesome ingredients like lentils, delicata squash, and cashews. Proof that salads don’t have to be boring or skimpy. It’s a wonderful option for meal prep or an excellent entree for a dinner party.
9. Chocolate Fruit and Nut Fudge Cups
Source: Chocolate Fruit and Nut Fudge Cups
These little beauties were inspired by fruit-and-nut chocolate bars. I also love all things fudge so I combined the two in these decadent yet healthy, vegan, gluten-free fudge cups. Make these rich, double layered fudge bites into whatever shapes you like. These Chocolate Fruit and Nut Fudge Cups by Amy Lanza are great for desserts, and you will be popping into the fridge for another one!
10. Springtime Asparagus
Source: Springtime Asparagus
This Springtime Asparagus by Lola Till is filled with flavor!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast Fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!