One Green Planet is a fast-growing media start up focused on compassionate and conscious living
We are a fast-growing green media start up with a passionate and engaged audience and are looking for talented Green Monsters to join our team!
About the Role
This role is for someone who is excited about taking on a key position and working with great people, driven by great causes, within a creative, fast-paced and fun work environment. The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and endless energy for bringing about social change by spreading good ideas via helpful, insightful, relevant and engaging content for a passionate and targeted audience.
The position will be responsible for architecting and designing our publishing platform. The performance of the technology lead will be critical in our success. This position will report directly to the Founders of the company.
- Lead technical design, architecture, and specifications for our publishing platform.
- Design and develop new applications or enhancements to our site via various web 2.0 tools.
- Drive requirement, design, code and functional specification reviews and prepare technical specification and deployment documents.
- Become an expert on social media technologies and how they can be leveraged throughout the business to improve conversions with all of our target audiences.
- Work with marketing, business development, and editorial teams to vet requirements for new product features and provide force estimates for those features.
- Investigate new web technologies, developing technology proof of concepts, and championing innovative applications that can improve customer acquisition, retention and adoption
- Manage and conduct all product QA and user acceptances testing and report results.
- Project manage all current and future tech initiatives, and oversee a team of outsourced developers.
- Expert-level knowledge of cross-browser, cross-platform compatibility and design constraints.
- Experience utilizing Web 2.0 technologies and deep understanding of scalable web architectures, queuing and partitioning.
- Experience using agile development best practices including scalability, security, usability, load-time, and basic SEO.
- Background working with version control systems, such as Subversion or CVS .
- Experience implementing social network APIs such as Facebook Connect, Twitter, etc.
- Ability to write clean, coherent, well-documented code and to follow established coding style guidelines.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with proven ability to communicate complex ideas and to design and document projects in a clear, concise way to non-technical users.
- Able to work independently, efficiently meet deadlines, and communicate promptly via phone, email, and IM.
- Strong understanding of WordPress.
- At least an undergraduate degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with sales, editorial and marketing departments to come up with innovative ideas that drive business.
- Ability to manage a team of interns/volunteers, multitask effectively and operate under deadline pressure.
- Background and passion for working in a startup environment a plus!
- Position is based in New York City or San Francisco.
- Key role in an early-stage start up with tremendous growth potential.
- Be the technology lead of a trusted platform with a passionate user-base.