One Green Planet is a fast-growing media start up focused on compassionate and conscious living, and are looking for talented Green Monsters to join our team.
This is an exciting new role for a savvy social media associate to reach a huge, passionate community of Green Monsters that are eager to engage. The right candidate will manage our social communities, as well as conceptualize ideas and support our editorial team every day to come up with graphics/illustrations to support our content. In addition, you will also create fun infographics, gifs, promotional and brand imagery for the site and company.
- Create shareable content for various social media platforms, including graphics, gifs, memes, etc.
- Daily management of One Green Planet’s high volume social communities, including all content development, scheduling, posting and responding.
- Collaborate with One Green Planet’s editorial team to develop and execute social media campaigns across platforms, to drive engagement and growth.
- Conduct research and analysis on new and emerging trends in social media and viral content.
- Engage with (and help build) One Green Planet’s Green Monster Community and #imagreenmonster hashtag.
- Develop and maintain reports detailing key insights and metrics, including but not limited to trending topics and platform growth statistics.
- College degree with 2-3 years of relevant work experience in the creation, execution, and publishing of professional social media content on multiple platforms.
- An avid One Green Planet reader, passionate about our areas of focus, including vegan food, eco-friendly/cruelty-free products, environmental and animal issues.
- MUST know photoshop or other similar photo editing software like Illustrator, etc. Designing sharable gifs, graphics, posters and images is a daily part of the job.
- Killer graphic design sensibility to help shape the visual look and feel of our content
- Demonstrated experience using various social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Tumblr, Vine, YouTube, and Snapchat.
- Highly analytical and strong understanding of performance metrics as they relate to social media. Knowledge of social media performance tools a plus.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and grammar skills.
- Creative, quick, and eager to work at a fast-paced startup.
- A sense of humor and an attitude topped with AWESOMESAUCE is a HUGE Plus!
- Candidate must be located in NYC/the Tri-state Area
- Send an email to team AT onegreenplanet.org, with your resume, links to your social media accounts, and relevant previous work.
- Give us one amazing social media campaign idea that you’d love to execute for One Green Planet and why you think it’s would be EPIC.
- Participate in our #imagreenmonster campaign: http://onegr.pl/1lJE8G0 and send a link of your update along with your application.