This one is very easy to make, quick, also, and full of spring and summer flavor. You can personalize this crust with any nut or herb you like/ have in your pantry, and you can add it to pretty much any vegetable, from zucchinis to broccoli, bell peppers and eggplants or even carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes,
Zucchini in Garden Crust [Vegan]
- 6 Italian zucchinis
- 1 small sprig of rosemary
- fresh basil, thyme, dill, mint, chives to taste,
- a generous handful in total, according to your taste
- 2 tablespoons of raw unsalted almonds
- 2 tablespoons of walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds (optional)
- 140 gr. (5 oz. or approximately 1 1/2 cup) of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of vegan Parmesan cheese
- Salt, extra-virgin olive oil and pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of coconut sugar
- In a food processor, mix all dry ingredients except zucchini, and pulse until small crumbs form. Slice the zucchinis in quarters, then place them in a baking dish and drizzle them with olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper and cover with plenty of garden crust. (Save the rest for other preparations. I keep mine in a jar, in the fridge, and it lasts up to 2 weeks).
- Bake the zucchinis for 20-25 minutes at 400°F.
- Enjoy warm, or at room temperature. These are amazing the day after as well.