For the Peach Crisp:
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose white or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- Pinch of salt
For the Crisp:
- 1 cup all-purpose white or whole wheat flour, spoon and leveled
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegan butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 12" cast-iron skillet with vegan butter.
- Start by making the crisp: In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add the vegan butter and combine with the dry ingredients using your fingers or a fork until everything is moist and clumps together.
- Set it aside in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
- In a medium-large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and water.
- Peel and slice the peaches and transfer them to the same bowl. Stir it all together.
- Spread the peaches in the prepared cast-iron skillet. Top with the crisp topping.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 375°F. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly. Serve with your favorite ice cream.
- This crisp recipe is best served warm with ice cream. You can also eat it cold if preferred.
- You can use regular peaches for this, as well.
- For a gluten-free option, try swapping the all-purpose flour with a 1:1 gluten-free flour mix and use certified gluten-free oats.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile