This is the most fun cake to make! These layers of thin and delicious crepes make up this Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake. Layer the crepes with thick vegan cream or yogurt, fresh raspberries and chopped chocolate.
Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake [Vegan]
For the Crepes:
- 1 1/4 cup (300g) plain flour (or GF flour)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2.54 cup (600ml) plant-based milk
- Sunflower oil, to grease
To Assemble the Crepe:
- 1/3 cup (50g) dark chocolate, plus extra
- 1 1/4 cup (300-400g) thick yoghurt like coconut or use equivalent whipped cream
- Fresh raspberries, chopped small
How to Prepare Chocolate Raspberry Crepe Cake [Vegan]
- Make the crepe batter: whisk together the flour, sugar and salt and then whisk in the milk until smooth and no lumps of flour remain.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan and wipe the surface with sunflower oil (it’s easy to use a pastry brush to do this or use a spray bottle).
- Once hot, allow 2-3 tbsp of batter per crepe for smaller ones or 4-6 tbsp for larger ones. As soon as the batter hits the pan, swirl it around and you can use an offset spatula to evenly spread out the batter, too.
- Fry for 2 minutes or until it is turning transparent and turning golden, flip over and cook on the second side. Transfer to a plate to keep warm and continue to make all the crepes (don’t worry if the first few are not as neat).
- Allow the crepes to cool as the yoghurt/cream is cold. Chop the 50g chocolate very small, or grate it.
- Once cool, add one crepe to a plate, spread with a thin layer of yoghurt/cream and a sprinkling of chocolate and repeat this process to build your crepe cake, adding in some chopped raspberries to some layers.
- Finish with a layer of yoghurt or cream, whole raspberries and some melted chocolate. Best eaten the same day or keep the crepes (without the filling) in the fridge for 1 day. You can store the crepes (without the fillings) for 2-3 days in the fridge or 1 month in the freezer – add sheets or parchment between the crepes to prevent them sticking. Warm back up in the pan.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.