This super tasty vegan sweet potato casserole will help boost your immunity, plus is loaded with flavor from the spice blend, and can be made with other root vegetables like yams.
Brown Butter and Spice Sweet Potato Casserole [Vegan]
For The Winter-Warming Spice Blend:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. immunity blend
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fine or coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chilis
For the Sweet Potato Casserole:
- 1 1/2 large sweet potato, thinly sliced, around 1/8 inch
- 3 tablespoons Winter-Warming Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock paste
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Into an 11x9x2 inch baking dish begin to place your halved sweet potato slices cut side down and arrange however you please. See photos for inspiration but you can do in lines, circles or zig-zag!
- Once your potatoes are arranged then dust with your Winter-Warming Spice Blend, coat evenly. Into the hot water, combine your dijon and vegetable stock paste. Stir till combined. Pour this mixture over your potatoes evenly. Dollop 3 tablespoons of vegan butter over your potatoes and cover with fin foil. Bake in the oven covered for 30 minutes and for 35-45 minutes uncovered. A beautiful bubbly glaze with start to develop so be sure not to let it burn. Every oven is different so watch this closely to ensure no overcooking happens.
- Enjoy with your favorites vegetables, salads, grains or roasts.