Personally Identifiable Information
Personally-identifiable information is information that identifies or can be used to identify a user as a specific individual, such as a name, email address, mailing address and phone number.
We collect personally-identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide that information when you fill out a form, submit an article or recipe, enter a contest or giveaway, submit a product review or post a comment on this site.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-personally identifiable information includes demographic information (such as age, gender, city or state) and a user’s click stream information. We collect non-personally identifiable information in the following instances:
As with most other websites, we collect and use the data contained in log files. The information in the log files include non-personally identifiable information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit OneGreenPlanet.org, including your IP (internet protocol) address, your ISP, browser type, browser language, date and time of the request.
Cookies and web beacons
Cookies are small text files that are stored within a browser. They are accessed and recorded by the web site visited and by the companies that show ads on that site to enable them to recognize the same browser or user. Web beacons are small electronic files that allow a web site to count users who have visited that page or to access certain cookies. The OneGreenPlanet.org site uses web beacons in order to analyze the performance and usefulness of our site.
We may use services provided by third parties like Google Analytics, Quantcast and Chartbeat to track usage on our site. In addition, we have implemented social sharing buttons on OneGreenPlanet.org, so you can easily “Like” or share our content via, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin, StumbleUpon, Google+, Reddit, etc. These third parties have their own privacy policies, which you can view through their respective websites. Some of these third parties store cookies in your browser.
We also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in programs such as Norton Internet Security. However, this can affect how you are able to interact with our site as well as other websites. This could include the inability to log in to services or programs, such as logging into forums or accounts.
We use the personally-identifiable information you provide through the OneGreenPlanet.org site to respond to your inquiries and requests and to keep accurate records concerning the services you are requesting through OneGreenPlanet.org, including but not limited to improving our website based on the information and feedback we receive from you, administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature, send you information, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions, etc.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We uses non-personally identifiable information in aggregated form to help us measure the OneGreenPlanet.org site’s performance and effectiveness and to improve its usefulness.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to your personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent. This does not include selected partners, vendors, agents or other third parties, who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, provide products or services you have requested, or when we have your permission. We may share information about you if One Green Planet LLC is acquired or merged with another company. We may also share information in the event that we are asked to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise permitted by law.
1. You May Decline to Provide Information. You may decline to submit personal information and/or disable webpage cookies.
2. Effect of Declining to Provide Information. If you decline to submit personal information or any portion thereof, you may experience materially reduced services quality.
3. You May Request Deletion of Personal Information. You may request that One Green Planet delete your own personal information. However, you acknowledge and agree that doing so shall relieve and release One Green Planet from any liability, obligation, claim, or other damages related to or arising from said personal information.
4. No Sensitive Information. You acknowledge and agree that the information you are providing to One Green Planet is not sensitive in nature (i.e., is not personal information specifying medical or health conditions, racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, etc.).
5. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES: CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS. If you are a California resident, you shall also have the right to know the specific pieces of personal information that One Green Planet has about you; and to have One Green Planet delete said pieces of personal information at your request. If you are a California resident, you may prevent the transfer of personal information to any third-party for consideration by sending an email to INSERT EMAIL. Requests to know, requests to delete, and follow-up correspondence to requests to opt out may be sent to INSERT EMAIL.
6. ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES: EU RESIDENTS. If you are a resident of the EU, you shall have the right to know the specific pieces of personal information that One Green Planet has about you; and to have One Green Planet correct, update, and/or delete said pieces of personal information at your request. Requests to know, correct, update, and/or delete, may be sent to [email protected]
We maintain safeguards to help protect the security, integrity and privacy of the personally-identifiable information within our control. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your information, please be advised that we assume no responsibility or liability for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access or other causes beyond our control.
Third party links
Collection of Information from Minors
The OneGreenPlanet.org site is directed to, and intended for use by, adults only. We do not knowingly collect personally-identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen, we will delete such information from our records.
Effective Date: February 15, 2011
Last Updated: October 15, 2021