Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Things are often really busy in my life so I am constantly looking for quick snack ideas that I can grab on the go, especially when I’m heading out the door to yoga. I find that having a quick snack about 30-minutes before yoga helps boost my energy levels for a great class. Yogi Date Balls are one of my favorite snacks because they are easy to make ahead of time, store in the freezer, and then grab as I’m running out the door. Yogi Date Balls are naturally sweetened with dates and full of delicious and nutritious seeds and nuts. They are packed with protein and fiber to give you fuel throughout your practice. The best part is that you can make them in less than ten minutes with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry! Yogi Date Balls are raw so there is no baking required and the nutrients in the ingredients will stay intact.
Yogi Date Balls [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Yogi Date Balls [Vegan]
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp warm water
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup + 1Tbsp chopped almonds
How to Prepare Yogi Date Balls [Vegan]
- Place dates and warm water in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scoop the creamed dates into a bowl and fold in the remaining ingredients, with the exception of ½ cup coconut flakes. If the mixture is soggy then slowly add more oats, if the mixture is too dry slowly add warm water.
- Shape balls between 3 to 4 cm in diameter and roll them in the reserved ½ cup coconut.
- Enjoy right away or place on a baking sheet in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Enjoy Yogi Date Balls straight out of the freezer for a quick pre yoga energy.