Let's cut to the chase... these are most delicious and the fluffiest vegan cupcakes you will EVER eat! I am not joking. I made a massive batch of these the other day for recipe-testing purposes. They are the fluffiest vegan cupcakes! Tee hee hee. I find that when I make these for others, there are a number of things guaranteed... Firstly, you will be asked for the recipe. Secondly, they will devour it in seconds and lastly, they will be talking about them for days. As I said above, these are a fail-proof recipe... meaning, I have never had a problem with them, they always work out and they never fail to impress others. Every person needs an amazing cupcake recipe... and this is it! I also think that these would make a perfect edible gift for any occasion!
Vanilla Cupcakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- ½ cup vegan white sugar
- 1/4 cup plain-flavoured oil
- ¾ cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
For the Vanilla Frosting:
- 1.5 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (365 °F) and line 10 cupcake pans with liners or spray oil.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Add the oil, soy milk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Beat for a couple of minutes or so until smooth without lumps.
- Fill each of the 10 cupcake pans with 2-tablespoons of cake batter each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so until risen and the tops of the cupcakes bounce back when touched.
- Allow to cool completely before adding frosting.
- Pipe on your favourite frosting recipe and allow to cool and set.
- Serve immediately or store for up to three days. Enjoy!
To Make the Vanilla Frosting:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir vigorously until combined into thick crumbs.
- Use your hands to roll it into a soft ball of frosting. It should be thick and moist enough to hold itself in a round ball. If it is too wet to roll into a ball, add more icing mixture. If it is too dry to roll into a ball, add a little bit more margarine.
- Place the ball of frosting into your piping bag.
- Pipe onto your cupcakes and desserts as desired.
- Serve immediately or keep cool and store for up to three days.
Can you please specify what plain flavored oil is? Is that vegetable oil?
Things like canola oil, refined palm oil and refined coconut oil. Things like olive oil or unrefined coconut oil leaves its unique flavor.
I can’t really tell from the photo, but are these mini cupcakes? They look delicious. Thanks for the recipe. I plan on making them tonight.