Let's cut to the chase... these are most delicious and the fluffiest vegan cupcakes you will EVER eat! I am not joking. I made a massive batch of these the other day for recipe-testing purposes. They are the fluffiest vegan cupcakes! Tee hee hee. I find that when I make these for others, there are a number of things guaranteed... Firstly, you will be asked for the recipe. Secondly, they will devour it in seconds and lastly, they will be talking about them for days. As I said above, these are a fail-proof recipe... meaning, I have never had a problem with them, they always work out and they never fail to impress others. Every person needs an amazing cupcake recipe... and this is it! I also think that these would make a perfect edible gift for any occasion!
Vanilla Cupcakes [Vegan]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch salt
- ½ cup vegan white sugar
- 1/4 cup plain-flavoured oil
- ¾ cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
For the Vanilla Frosting:
- 1.5 cups confectioners sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted vegan butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (365 °F) and line 10 cupcake pans with liners or spray oil.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir until combined.
- Add the oil, soy milk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Beat for a couple of minutes or so until smooth without lumps.
- Fill each of the 10 cupcake pans with 2-tablespoons of cake batter each.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so until risen and the tops of the cupcakes bounce back when touched.
- Allow to cool completely before adding frosting.
- Pipe on your favourite frosting recipe and allow to cool and set.
- Serve immediately or store for up to three days. Enjoy!
To Make the Vanilla Frosting:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir vigorously until combined into thick crumbs.
- Use your hands to roll it into a soft ball of frosting. It should be thick and moist enough to hold itself in a round ball. If it is too wet to roll into a ball, add more icing mixture. If it is too dry to roll into a ball, add a little bit more margarine.
- Place the ball of frosting into your piping bag.
- Pipe onto your cupcakes and desserts as desired.
- Serve immediately or keep cool and store for up to three days.