Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Sometimes perfection lies in simplicity and if nothing else this sandwich is the personification of that. Clean, simple, honest ingredients that will tickle those tastebuds, fill your belly and (if I may be so bold) leave you with a self-satisfied grin that only a really good “sammich” can induce.
Hummus, Carrot, Cucumber, Avocado, and Sprouts Sandwich [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Hummus, Carrot, Cucumber, Avocado, and Sprouts Sandwich [Vegan]
- 2 slices of thick whole-grain farmhouse bread (preferably vegan)
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper hummus
- 1/2 large carrot, peeled and finely grated
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, halved, and sliced lengthwise
- A large handful alfalfa sprouts
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
How to Prepare Hummus, Carrot, Cucumber, Avocado, and Sprouts Sandwich [Vegan]
- Toast the bread-I like mine well done (on the cusp of burnt).
- Spread one slice of toasted bread with a generous amount of hummus. Top with the grated carrot and cucumber.
- Top with the avocado - layer it in a fan like fashion (fancy!) and lightly season with some sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Spread a little more hummus on top of the avocado - this will ensure the alfafa sprouts will stay put. Add the final layer of alfafa sprouts.
- Spread the other slice of toasted bread with the remainder of the hummus and place on top of the sandwich. Carefully cut diagonally - put a sharp knife in the centre of the sandwich, cut outwards on one side and then repeat on the other. This way the ingredients won't spill out the sides.